Post: Mods please close this already. It has become a battleground! <3 thanks babe
07-17-2016, 09:12 AM #1
anthonything
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So if i may ask, why does everyone say there is an 'injection limit' for GSC size on PS3? Im pretty much 100% certain there is no such thing and that the block of memory we are injecting at just isnt big enough. Anyone have any rebuttals? If you say there is, please provide actual evidence and not 'i tried to inject xyz and it didnt work so there has to be' and more like 'size must be less than uint maxvalue' or something legitimate Not Happy or Sad. Thanks.

Answer explained for those who did not understand initially:
1: The only limit to GSC is the maximum memory partition you can reach before overwriting crucial system information or other files loaded into memory. This means that by finding a bigger memory space, you are able to inject much larger files.
2: The technical limit to GSC is impossible to reach, but is a fun trivia piece of information for those who want it (uint max value: 4294967295 bytes ) because GSC specifies file size in uint as a compilation parameter.
3: 0x51000000 will give you approximately 7.5MB of space for your GSC. (Not 100% sure of size because it was a tool i made that detected it and the tool cant handle non existant mem regions, but, its still a fuckload)
I have personally tested injection to this offset and it works fine. Only bug is that this apparently sticks in memory after ps3 restarts (no idea why, must be something important :P) so you will need to null out the space before injecting, but elsewise, enjoy.
Credit for this 'discovery' if you could call it that, would be nice. Thanks. Admins, you are good to close it.
Last edited by anthonything ; 07-27-2016 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Found huge memory partition

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

BoatyMcBoatFace
07-24-2016, 11:43 AM #56
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by MrMoan View Post
Oh shit nice come back and noshit look who cracked his menu and tryed selling you should be permaban from all these sites tbh and your menu? hmm let me guess you pulled a bossam and Remade the codes you leeched better? or did you just rename them hmm well time to decompile your menu and post it for free

Too bad you can't download the menu separately and it's way better than most of those shitty copy and paste menus since I'm a professional software developer who also made a decompiler so kys kid. You couldn't do anything without downloading your little tools off the Internet, could you script kiddie? You're such a badass for threatening to use someone else's decompiler because you're just awful. You already lost because you can't do anything on your own :P

About banning. You are the one starting flame wars with false accusations (which is obviously against the forum rules) and you want to decompile other people's work and post it (which is against the rules too). So you are the one who is getting banned, not me because I did nothing wrong on the forums unlike you being worthless and destructive because that's sadly all you're good for. Do you understand? Nobody even likes you.
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 07-24-2016 at 12:05 PM.
07-24-2016, 12:20 PM #57
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by BullyWiiPlaza View Post
Too bad you can't download the menu separately and it's way better than most of those shitty copy and paste menus since I'm a professional software developer who also made a decompiler so kys kid. You couldn't do anything without downloading your little tools off the Internet, could you script kiddie? You're such a badass for threatening to use someone else's decompiler because you're just awful. You already lost because you can't do anything on your own :P

About banning. You are the one starting flame wars with false accusations (which is obviously against the forum rules) and you want to decompile other people's work and post it (which is against the rules too). So you are the one who is getting banned, not me because I did nothing wrong on the forums unlike you being worthless and destructive because that's sadly all you're good for. Do you understand? Nobody even likes you.

Hey now, it's fine to tell yourself you are a professional before you go to sleep at night but it isn't cool to lie to everyone else. You act like a 15 yr old white girl who just broke up with her soulmate and who's Starbucks just got a little too cold. You have not done anything half as good as you think so get off the soap box and get back to being a skid.

Adzkii
07-24-2016, 12:21 PM #58
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by OfficialCoolJay View Post
Are people confusing having split .gsc files that you use for gsc studio with split compiled gsc's that you inject into the memory lol?

I have a very huge amount of code in a project i am currently working on, that doesn't hit any form of limitations, most of these issues are probably conflicts with gsc studio.

I figured it out in the stream. If you reference a string more than 255 times, you get a runtime error because the byte 'refcount' goes negative. If you split the gsc, the refs are individual to the GSC and it wont freeze anymore!

OfficialCoolJay
07-24-2016, 12:47 PM #59
Originally posted by anthonything View Post
I figured it out in the stream. If you reference a string more than 255 times, you get a runtime error because the byte 'refcount' goes negative. If you split the gsc, the refs are individual to the GSC and it wont freeze anymore!

ahhhh okay, i have always been hesitant when it comes to referencing strings anywhere in the gsc, only an issue when it comes to making menu bases/menu options for people i would say tho being that i don't see any other common situations where people make very large arrays for example, holding string etc.
When i see alot of peoples menu bases in there AddMenu()/AddOption() they use alot of unnecessary string variables to hold information that they don't ever reference ever again in the gsc, this is an issue people could remove to fix half there issue haha.
07-24-2016, 12:55 PM #60
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Hey now, it's fine to tell yourself you are a professional before you go to sleep at night but it isn't cool to lie to everyone else. You act like a 15 yr old white girl who just broke up with her soulmate and who's Starbucks just got a little too cold. You have not done anything half as good as you think so get off the soap box and get back to being a skid.

Okay bro but you totally did revolutionary things. Come on. It's about abilities and not accomplishments in an unthankful GSC community. I have a computer science degree and I get paid for writing/analyzing software for companies so it doesn't get more professional than that full stop.

Which proves that I was right about saying that splitting helps lol even though I wasn't explicit about why so thanks for this piece of information. There are probably more cases like that because who even references a single String that often? It's pretty unlikely.
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 07-24-2016 at 01:01 PM.
07-24-2016, 09:09 PM #61
MrMoan
Big Daddy

A pro wouldnt crack ours menus and sell them a pro would be good enough and make there own shit without help you aint shit but a leecher i bett all your codes were fucking copyed dont think of yourself as a pro think of yourself as a person it should put a gun in there mouth and pull the trigger
07-24-2016, 09:22 PM #62
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
A pro wouldnt crack ours menus and sell them a pro would be good enough and make there own shit without help you aint shit but a leecher i bett all your codes were fucking copyed dont think of yourself as a pro think of yourself as a person it should put a gun in there mouth and pull the trigger

You're hopeless. Ever considered some people save time by leeching? There are noobs who can't do it and "pros" with valuable time that both end up doing the same thing and it doesn't matter anyway since everyone leeches in GSC. Instead of betting, better look for yourself before saying anything when I made plenty insane things. It is more than obvious that someone who can code a decompiler doesn't need anyone else's scripts in the first place to do what he wants. Let that sink into your feeble mind, full stop. Never insult someone's clearly superior abilities You must login or register to view this content..
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 07-24-2016 at 09:31 PM.
07-24-2016, 10:25 PM #63
MrMoan
Big Daddy
You're hopeless. Ever considered some people save time by leeching? There are noobs who can't do it and "pros" with valuable time that both end up doing the same thing and it doesn't matter anyway since everyone leeches in GSC. Instead of betting, better look for yourself before saying anything when I made plenty insane things. It is more than obvious that someone who can code a decompiler doesn't need anyone else's scripts in the first place to do what he wants. Let that sink into your feeble mind, full stop. Never insult someone's clearly superior abilities You must login or register to view this content..

You just said you leeched proved my point i win
07-24-2016, 11:15 PM #64
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
You just said you leeched proved my point i win

No, you lose by default because you're a script kiddie and everyone leeches sometimes anyway xD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo