Post: Mods please close this already. It has become a battleground! <3 thanks babe
07-17-2016, 09:12 AM #1
anthonything
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So if i may ask, why does everyone say there is an 'injection limit' for GSC size on PS3? Im pretty much 100% certain there is no such thing and that the block of memory we are injecting at just isnt big enough. Anyone have any rebuttals? If you say there is, please provide actual evidence and not 'i tried to inject xyz and it didnt work so there has to be' and more like 'size must be less than uint maxvalue' or something legitimate Not Happy or Sad. Thanks.

Answer explained for those who did not understand initially:
1: The only limit to GSC is the maximum memory partition you can reach before overwriting crucial system information or other files loaded into memory. This means that by finding a bigger memory space, you are able to inject much larger files.
2: The technical limit to GSC is impossible to reach, but is a fun trivia piece of information for those who want it (uint max value: 4294967295 bytes ) because GSC specifies file size in uint as a compilation parameter.
3: 0x51000000 will give you approximately 7.5MB of space for your GSC. (Not 100% sure of size because it was a tool i made that detected it and the tool cant handle non existant mem regions, but, its still a fuckload)
I have personally tested injection to this offset and it works fine. Only bug is that this apparently sticks in memory after ps3 restarts (no idea why, must be something important :P) so you will need to null out the space before injecting, but elsewise, enjoy.
Credit for this 'discovery' if you could call it that, would be nice. Thanks. Admins, you are good to close it.
Last edited by anthonything ; 07-27-2016 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Found huge memory partition

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

BoatyMcBoatFace
07-18-2016, 10:27 AM #20
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
Originally posted by Script
i have a question its probably pretty dumb but im curious

I see some people split their menu into 2 parts putting 1 part in a file named "_ambientpackage" and the 2ed part in another file named "_development_dvars"

Is it better to inject this way rather then inject with just gsc studio or a different injector ?

does this give you less of a chance of your console freezing while playing ?

or does freezing just have to with size of the menu ?

It isn't required until you get the "maximum amount of parent script variables has been reached" error, otherwise it isn't necessary.
07-18-2016, 04:08 PM #21
Script Kiddie
At least I can fight
Originally posted by LiFe View Post
splitting menu in 2 files does help. i kept freezing using just 1 file but wen i split into 2 files it doesnt freeze lol Smile

Originally posted by JustFuSiOn View Post
It isn't required until you get the "maximum amount of parent script variables has been reached" error, otherwise it isn't necessary.

oh alright thanks for the clearing that up for me Smile
07-18-2016, 08:12 PM #22
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Of course there is "no limit" you'll ever reach if you distribute your injection across different GSC files and make sure the memory region occupied by the new scripts is "unused" by the game because if you overflow into something important you might crash. That's the actual limit that people might encounter. I also found that using "big" GSCs can be bad so splitting them up is useful. I wrote an injector.
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 07-18-2016 at 08:17 PM.
07-19-2016, 10:43 AM #23
anthonything
Space Ninja

That isnt how you get the error Not Happy or Sad.
07-19-2016, 06:47 PM #24
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
Originally posted by anthonything View Post
That isnt how you get the error Not Happy or Sad.

It may not be how you get the error but it's a way to fix it, I've fixed it many times by splitting GSC's.
07-20-2016, 04:19 AM #25
anthonything
Space Ninja
It may not be how you get the error but it's a way to fix it, I've fixed it many times by splitting GSC's.

Bro, that makes no sense. From a development perspective, splitting the files literally makes 0 difference.
07-20-2016, 08:23 AM #26
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
Bro, that makes no sense. From a development perspective, splitting the files literally makes 0 difference.

It makes no sense to me how it works either, but as I said it does and has for me.
07-20-2016, 08:55 AM #27
SyGnUs
Give a F*** About Your Lifestyle
So if i may ask, why does everyone say there is an 'injection limit' for GSC size on PS3? Im pretty much 100% certain there is no such thing and that the block of memory we are injecting at just isnt big enough. Anyone have any rebuttals? If you say there is, please provide actual evidence and not 'i tried to inject xyz and it didnt work so there has to be' and more like 'size must be less than uint maxvalue' or something legitimate Not Happy or Sad. Thanks.

If you look at the address in memory a GSC Injector like GSC Studio is writing to you will see that it will eventually get to an address that is constantly getting written to. I had mapped it out before when xTurntUpLobbies asked me about it, though I don't currently recall though how much space you have until you reach that area in memory where it's constantly getting written to as it was months ago.

Anyway once your GSC gets to a certain size part of it will be written into the address that the game is writing to and get overwritten by the game and when that happens the game freezes.

Not really a size constraint, just a bad spot for injecting as if you inject multiple files with GSC Studio eventually one of your GSC files will write to a game written address and cause you to freeze.

The best method I can think of to solve this is to allow GSCs to be written to addresses that you know will not be written to by the game, so once you find an address find how far you can go into it until it get's written to by the game. Once you have that, you will know big of a GSC file you can store there and find more addresses if you need more room for injecting other GSC files.

Most people messing with GSC don't really understand how injecting works so they just assume it's a size limitation and is why people think of it as that.
Last edited by SyGnUs ; 07-20-2016 at 09:00 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to SyGnUs for this useful post:

anthonything, BullyWiiPlaza, EternalHabit, John
07-20-2016, 08:43 PM #28
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by SyGnUs View Post
If you look at the address in memory a GSC Injector like GSC Studio is writing to you will see that it will eventually get to an address that is constantly getting written to. I had mapped it out before when xTurntUpLobbies asked me about it, though I don't currently recall though how much space you have until you reach that area in memory where it's constantly getting written to as it was months ago.

Anyway once your GSC gets to a certain size part of it will be written into the address that the game is writing to and get overwritten by the game and when that happens the game freezes.

Not really a size constraint, just a bad spot for injecting as if you inject multiple files with GSC Studio eventually one of your GSC files will write to a game written address and cause you to freeze.

The best method I can think of to solve this is to allow GSCs to be written to addresses that you know will not be written to by the game, so once you find an address find how far you can go into it until it get's written to by the game. Once you have that, you will know big of a GSC file you can store there and find more addresses if you need more room for injecting other GSC files.

Most people messing with GSC don't really understand how injecting works so they just assume it's a size limitation and is why people think of it as that.

Thanks. Thats what i assumed to begin with but when you have people in the community who have somehow managed to get menus big enough to fill that space, they assume it is a size constraint and i wanted to be sure.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo