Post: [Updated] Why are people getting banned? (Sony Phone Call)
02-17-2011, 02:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); STOP -REP this is really what happened when I called and I didn't think he would say it either but he did for whatever reason so just let it go and call them and make a topic on your findings if you don't like this one...

I just got off the phone with Sony's customer service with some more news!

About an hour ago I received my E-Mail that Sony was going to start banning people. At the bottom it had the phone number for customer service, so I decided to call it up and ask some questions... The audio file is below:

Audio: You must login or register to view this content.

Text Version:

Originally posted by another user

Thanks for holding. What does the E-Mail say?

Says something about COPYRIGHT and FAILURE to do so will result in TERMINATION from the PlayStation Network.

Umm... Do you play Call of Duty?

YES.

Did you download the hacks?

Um no?...

OK because we have been sending out E-Mails to consumers downloading the hack and WARNING them that you will get banned.

I have played Call of Duty lately and it's been different.

Different?

I'm not sure why but when I join a game sometimes the game is different.

If thats the case then don't worry... We have been sending out warnings to people using the Call of Duty hack. If you are CAUGHT with the hack on your system you WILL be BANNED.

Is this E-Mail sent to EVERYONE then?

YEP.

So I have nothing to worry about if I do not have this Call of Duty hack?

Right, right. It's ONLY for CHEATING and HACKING and stuff like that.

OK

Ya we're trying to get on top of all of that right now... Any other questions?

No I think that's it I just didn't want to get banned from the PlayStation Network.

Ya, right. If you DO get banned CALL US and we'll see EXACTLY what you were banned for and what the problem is and take it from there. As long as you are not cheating or hacking you should be alright sir. Anything else I can assist you with?

No, that's it.

OK Thank You for calling.

So it looks like you can only get banned for modded lobbies as of now, how they will do it I haven't a clue. To be safe I would delete modded patches if I were you.

To do this:

1. Go to the Game section of the XMB.
  2. Go to the very top folder called "Data Utility"
  3. Go down until you see Call of Duty
  4. Press triangle on it and select delete.

Also I would like to point out that the operator said that the E-Mail was sent to everyone, so I asked some of my friends if they received it and they said no. I think I have put enough info together to tell you that Infinity Ward just sent their Call of Duty ban list to Sony. Also ImmortalMods confirms that Treyarch sent their bans to Sony too.

ALSO I would like to point out that he did not say a SINGLE thing about piracy even though I said for breaking copyright and terms of service.

So there you are I will keep this update as I find out more... Hope you enjoyed.
Last edited by clankfan1 ; 02-17-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: UPDATE

The following 36 users say thank you to clankfan1 for this useful post:

-SprayzZz-, Anthony, ashleycole, bubblebuddyi, buggerking, david9602, dunczzzz, eddydiep, ethicaldesign, Francyepaddy, GanGSt4R_96, gavros7, Gotham_Shadow, iNoxx, jagreen, jrlop99, krazyfoolof2010, L☺L, LeBron-James, Mr.Oppossum, mu966, NARUTO11, PIINC, qwerew, S3gant, SolidSnake77, Steve Jobs, stronghead, Superchunk, SuperHigh202, talhab6, themightydombra, toxic90384109284, tsuma, xXGMLO2Xx, xxzero26xx
02-18-2011, 12:52 PM #92
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
Fake, why would Sony care about Call Of Duty hackers?
02-20-2011, 04:34 PM #93
chris2595
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by commandz View Post
Im just gonna wait it out and not play on cfw to c if its like xbox360 mass ban...

iLuvYour Signature...
02-20-2011, 05:05 PM #94
Ashman1987
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by david9602 View Post
how bout you grow some balls and tell them that your using cfw?? :sleep:

Do you ever have anything good / useful to say?
Every time you post, it is either insulting somebody or a completely useless post.

Here at NGU we try to build a good network of people, out to develop and help each other to get the most out of our gaming experiences.

Rather than flame and troll every man and beast trying to help, why dont YOU try and contribute to something positive, or develop some neat home brew if its so simple.

Look at your rep man, nobody likes a leecher or a flamer and you mhy friend are both, GTFO

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Originally posted by Hensley7 View Post
did he check his actual email of the account. cause they sent it to everyone i know and they dont hack or anything

No email for me buddy...
02-20-2011, 08:39 PM #95
Steve Jobs
★お元気ですか★
Originally posted by chris2595 View Post
iLuvYour Signature...

Thx every1 does lol n so far ppl havent been cought just the noobs lol

The following user thanked Steve Jobs for this useful post:

chris2595
02-20-2011, 08:41 PM #96
chris2595
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by commandz View Post
Thx every1 does lol n so far ppl havent been cought just the noobs lol

+ Rep my man +Rep=D

The following user thanked chris2595 for this useful post:

Steve Jobs
02-20-2011, 08:42 PM #97
Czk
Gym leader
Might be right, did not receive an email from PSN and i never got ban from mw2 or bo.
02-20-2011, 08:51 PM #98
xD3-
Hurah!
Well i got B.O banned and im not about to get mw2 banned

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo