Post: [Updated] Why are people getting banned? (Sony Phone Call)
02-17-2011, 02:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); STOP -REP this is really what happened when I called and I didn't think he would say it either but he did for whatever reason so just let it go and call them and make a topic on your findings if you don't like this one...

I just got off the phone with Sony's customer service with some more news!

About an hour ago I received my E-Mail that Sony was going to start banning people. At the bottom it had the phone number for customer service, so I decided to call it up and ask some questions... The audio file is below:

Audio: You must login or register to view this content.

Text Version:

Originally posted by another user

Thanks for holding. What does the E-Mail say?

Says something about COPYRIGHT and FAILURE to do so will result in TERMINATION from the PlayStation Network.

Umm... Do you play Call of Duty?

YES.

Did you download the hacks?

Um no?...

OK because we have been sending out E-Mails to consumers downloading the hack and WARNING them that you will get banned.

I have played Call of Duty lately and it's been different.

Different?

I'm not sure why but when I join a game sometimes the game is different.

If thats the case then don't worry... We have been sending out warnings to people using the Call of Duty hack. If you are CAUGHT with the hack on your system you WILL be BANNED.

Is this E-Mail sent to EVERYONE then?

YEP.

So I have nothing to worry about if I do not have this Call of Duty hack?

Right, right. It's ONLY for CHEATING and HACKING and stuff like that.

OK

Ya we're trying to get on top of all of that right now... Any other questions?

No I think that's it I just didn't want to get banned from the PlayStation Network.

Ya, right. If you DO get banned CALL US and we'll see EXACTLY what you were banned for and what the problem is and take it from there. As long as you are not cheating or hacking you should be alright sir. Anything else I can assist you with?

No, that's it.

OK Thank You for calling.

So it looks like you can only get banned for modded lobbies as of now, how they will do it I haven't a clue. To be safe I would delete modded patches if I were you.

To do this:

1. Go to the Game section of the XMB.
  2. Go to the very top folder called "Data Utility"
  3. Go down until you see Call of Duty
  4. Press triangle on it and select delete.

Also I would like to point out that the operator said that the E-Mail was sent to everyone, so I asked some of my friends if they received it and they said no. I think I have put enough info together to tell you that Infinity Ward just sent their Call of Duty ban list to Sony. Also ImmortalMods confirms that Treyarch sent their bans to Sony too.

ALSO I would like to point out that he did not say a SINGLE thing about piracy even though I said for breaking copyright and terms of service.

So there you are I will keep this update as I find out more... Hope you enjoyed.
Last edited by clankfan1 ; 02-17-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: UPDATE

The following 36 users say thank you to clankfan1 for this useful post:

-SprayzZz-, Anthony, ashleycole, bubblebuddyi, buggerking, david9602, dunczzzz, eddydiep, ethicaldesign, Francyepaddy, GanGSt4R_96, gavros7, Gotham_Shadow, iNoxx, jagreen, jrlop99, krazyfoolof2010, L☺L, LeBron-James, Mr.Oppossum, mu966, NARUTO11, PIINC, qwerew, S3gant, SolidSnake77, Steve Jobs, stronghead, Superchunk, SuperHigh202, talhab6, themightydombra, toxic90384109284, tsuma, xXGMLO2Xx, xxzero26xx
02-17-2011, 02:55 AM #20
I'm permanently banned from Black Ops and I haven't gotten an email from Sony.
02-17-2011, 02:56 AM #21
shajal
Extract yourselF
its hard to believe as they don't tell you why you got banned. but majorly its cause you has CFW, DUH no shit?!

Sony already warned every users by releasing a new update (3.56) therefore you knew ban-hammer was about to break out of sonys toilet.

ps3 is a smart system/console. you know the military uses it and you think they don't know what you are doing on that system?

its ur fault if u got banned. if you like to appeal go ahead call Sony and they will always tell u (something else)
02-17-2011, 02:58 AM #22
Rowdy
Banned
Originally posted by clankfan1 View Post
I think I have put enough info together to tell you that Infinity Ward just sent their Call of Duty ban list to Sony. Also ImmortalMods confirms that Treyarch sent their bans to Sony too.

i am banned from call of duty black ops i didnt get no email
02-17-2011, 02:59 AM #23
Originally posted by Go
i am banned from call of duty black ops i didnt get no email

What coutry do you live in?
02-17-2011, 03:02 AM #24
Rowdy
Banned
EDIT: i have gotten the email on my secondary account but not my first but my secondary is a complete copy of my main psn it looks the same fml
02-17-2011, 03:03 AM #25
puretruth
Bounty hunter
No mod patches ever here, no ban from Black Ops. I have CFW and got this email.
Edit: forgot to say that I called Sony and the rep would not say anything about why I got the email. Just that the email should tell you why.

Notice: Unauthorized circumvention devices for the
PlayStation(R)3 system have been recently released by
hackers for the PlayStation(R)3 system. These devices
permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software.
Use of such devices or software violates the terms
of your "System Software License Agreement for the
PlayStation(R)3 System" and the "Terms of Services
and User Agreement" for the PlayStation(R)Network/
Qriocity(TM) and its Community Code of Conduct provisions.
In addition, copying or playing pirated software is
a violation of International Copyright Laws.
A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated
software currently resides on your PlayStation(R)3 system.
Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices
and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your
PlayStation(R)3 system. Failure to do so will result in
termination of your access to the PlayStation(R)Network
and access to Qriocity(TM) services through your
PlayStation(R)3 system.

This email has been delivered from a send-only address.
Please do not reply to this message. If you have any
questions, contact Consumer Services using the following link:
You must login or register to view this content.

LEGAL
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", and the "PS"
Family logo are registered trademarks of
Sony Computer Entertainment LLC.

(C) 2011 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.
919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404
Last edited by puretruth ; 02-17-2011 at 03:05 AM.

The following user thanked puretruth for this useful post:

Steve Jobs
02-17-2011, 03:03 AM #26
Rowdy
Banned
Originally posted by clankfan1 View Post
What coutry do you live in?

usa . and i got the email on my secondary email but not my primary but my primary was my hacked account so yeah fml
02-17-2011, 03:12 AM #27
I have a ps3 that has never been molested or have the accounts on it ever been used to hack or host lobbies with. My main account on that system received the Email and I have not even been on it in 3 months.
Makes no sense what Sony is doing. Could be a scare tactic. I will leave my hacked console online and see what happens and if my virgin console has any ban issues I will be first inline to ask Sony what the hell.
02-17-2011, 03:29 AM #28
Originally posted by The
I bolded the bullshit parts for you, OP. A "Sony" rep. will never ask you those things.

Fake.

yah they wouldnt localize a single game and use just that as an example
Last edited by hotshot917 ; 02-17-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo