Post: [Updated] Why are people getting banned? (Sony Phone Call)
02-17-2011, 02:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); STOP -REP this is really what happened when I called and I didn't think he would say it either but he did for whatever reason so just let it go and call them and make a topic on your findings if you don't like this one...

I just got off the phone with Sony's customer service with some more news!

About an hour ago I received my E-Mail that Sony was going to start banning people. At the bottom it had the phone number for customer service, so I decided to call it up and ask some questions... The audio file is below:

Audio: You must login or register to view this content.

Text Version:

Originally posted by another user

Thanks for holding. What does the E-Mail say?

Says something about COPYRIGHT and FAILURE to do so will result in TERMINATION from the PlayStation Network.

Umm... Do you play Call of Duty?

YES.

Did you download the hacks?

Um no?...

OK because we have been sending out E-Mails to consumers downloading the hack and WARNING them that you will get banned.

I have played Call of Duty lately and it's been different.

Different?

I'm not sure why but when I join a game sometimes the game is different.

If thats the case then don't worry... We have been sending out warnings to people using the Call of Duty hack. If you are CAUGHT with the hack on your system you WILL be BANNED.

Is this E-Mail sent to EVERYONE then?

YEP.

So I have nothing to worry about if I do not have this Call of Duty hack?

Right, right. It's ONLY for CHEATING and HACKING and stuff like that.

OK

Ya we're trying to get on top of all of that right now... Any other questions?

No I think that's it I just didn't want to get banned from the PlayStation Network.

Ya, right. If you DO get banned CALL US and we'll see EXACTLY what you were banned for and what the problem is and take it from there. As long as you are not cheating or hacking you should be alright sir. Anything else I can assist you with?

No, that's it.

OK Thank You for calling.

So it looks like you can only get banned for modded lobbies as of now, how they will do it I haven't a clue. To be safe I would delete modded patches if I were you.

To do this:

1. Go to the Game section of the XMB.
  2. Go to the very top folder called "Data Utility"
  3. Go down until you see Call of Duty
  4. Press triangle on it and select delete.

Also I would like to point out that the operator said that the E-Mail was sent to everyone, so I asked some of my friends if they received it and they said no. I think I have put enough info together to tell you that Infinity Ward just sent their Call of Duty ban list to Sony. Also ImmortalMods confirms that Treyarch sent their bans to Sony too.

ALSO I would like to point out that he did not say a SINGLE thing about piracy even though I said for breaking copyright and terms of service.

So there you are I will keep this update as I find out more... Hope you enjoyed.
Last edited by clankfan1 ; 02-17-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: UPDATE

The following 36 users say thank you to clankfan1 for this useful post:

-SprayzZz-, Anthony, ashleycole, bubblebuddyi, buggerking, david9602, dunczzzz, eddydiep, ethicaldesign, Francyepaddy, GanGSt4R_96, gavros7, Gotham_Shadow, iNoxx, jagreen, jrlop99, krazyfoolof2010, L☺L, LeBron-James, Mr.Oppossum, mu966, NARUTO11, PIINC, qwerew, S3gant, SolidSnake77, Steve Jobs, stronghead, Superchunk, SuperHigh202, talhab6, themightydombra, toxic90384109284, tsuma, xXGMLO2Xx, xxzero26xx
02-17-2011, 02:24 AM #11
Kush Friendly
Where's the audio............?

If they do this, I'll be Smile Im sick of being in hacked lobbies everytime I play a ****ing cod game.
02-17-2011, 02:26 AM #12
Originally posted by The
I bolded the bullshit parts for you, OP. A "Sony" rep. will never ask you those things.

Fake.

No lie dude wait until I get the audio up... I assure you I am a trusted member...
02-17-2011, 02:27 AM #13
david9602
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by The
I bolded the bullshit parts for you, OP. A "Sony" rep. will never ask you those things.

Fake.

no its true when i got banned for 30days (hijacking an account) i asked y and how long my ban was you know what there first question was smart ass... guess... "did you hack like call of duty, killzone or something" i said no
02-17-2011, 02:29 AM #14
wowaka
Former Staff
I don't think Antibes ever called custom service - noobs
02-17-2011, 02:32 AM #15
Originally posted by clankfan1 View Post
I just got off the phone with Sony's customer service with some more news!

About an hour ago I received my E-Mail that Sony was going to start banning people. At the bottom it had the phone number for customer service, so I decided to call it up and ask some questions... The audio file is below:

(Currently taking file off my phone and uploading (anyone know how to take voice memos off iphone?))

Text Version:

So it looks like you can only get banned for modded lobbies as of now, how they will do it I haven't a clue. To be safe I would delete modded patches if I were you.

To do this:

1. Go to the Game section of the XMB.
  2. Go to the very top folder called "Data Utility"
  3. Go down until you see Call of Duty
  4. Press triangle on it and select delete.

Also I would like to point out that the operator said that the E-Mail was sent to everyone, so I asked some of my friends if they received it and they said no. I think I have put enough info together to tell you that Infinity Ward just sent their Call of Duty ban list to Sony. Also ImmortalMods confirms that Treyarch sent their bans to Sony too.

ALSO I would like to point out that he did not say a SINGLE thing about piracy even though I said for breaking copyright and terms of service.

So there you are I will keep this update as I find out more... Hope you enjoyed.

ya i think they only sent their ban list man cuz u got banned and i didnt and i got no email from sony
Last edited by xxzero26xx ; 02-17-2011 at 03:06 AM. Reason: i got the email nvmd
02-17-2011, 02:33 AM #16
treyarch told use tht they sent info of those ppl tht got banned to sony,this is a fact!,
02-17-2011, 02:48 AM #17
warman_94
Vault dweller
i hacked to 3.55 but when 3.56 came out i updated my ps3,got banned from black ops because of my stupid friend still hosting cls n all cods but how the f*ck can they know if you have a modded patch n your hdd? i have tons of friends who host cl since the 3.41 JB came out and nobody has been banned for that so guys dont flame but im not going to delete my patches untill i see some proof
02-17-2011, 02:48 AM #18
Max21
Maggbot timeout!
I got the email and I haven't played Black Ops since I got the plat in December 2010 and I never hacked it either so it has to be more than a COD thing
02-17-2011, 02:52 AM #19
Ok almost done uploading the audio for those of you who don't believe me (The End) lol but the first 10secs I'm on hold if you can hear the music...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo