Post: [Updated] Why are people getting banned? (Sony Phone Call)
02-17-2011, 02:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); STOP -REP this is really what happened when I called and I didn't think he would say it either but he did for whatever reason so just let it go and call them and make a topic on your findings if you don't like this one...

I just got off the phone with Sony's customer service with some more news!

About an hour ago I received my E-Mail that Sony was going to start banning people. At the bottom it had the phone number for customer service, so I decided to call it up and ask some questions... The audio file is below:

Audio: You must login or register to view this content.

Text Version:

Originally posted by another user

Thanks for holding. What does the E-Mail say?

Says something about COPYRIGHT and FAILURE to do so will result in TERMINATION from the PlayStation Network.

Umm... Do you play Call of Duty?

YES.

Did you download the hacks?

Um no?...

OK because we have been sending out E-Mails to consumers downloading the hack and WARNING them that you will get banned.

I have played Call of Duty lately and it's been different.

Different?

I'm not sure why but when I join a game sometimes the game is different.

If thats the case then don't worry... We have been sending out warnings to people using the Call of Duty hack. If you are CAUGHT with the hack on your system you WILL be BANNED.

Is this E-Mail sent to EVERYONE then?

YEP.

So I have nothing to worry about if I do not have this Call of Duty hack?

Right, right. It's ONLY for CHEATING and HACKING and stuff like that.

OK

Ya we're trying to get on top of all of that right now... Any other questions?

No I think that's it I just didn't want to get banned from the PlayStation Network.

Ya, right. If you DO get banned CALL US and we'll see EXACTLY what you were banned for and what the problem is and take it from there. As long as you are not cheating or hacking you should be alright sir. Anything else I can assist you with?

No, that's it.

OK Thank You for calling.

So it looks like you can only get banned for modded lobbies as of now, how they will do it I haven't a clue. To be safe I would delete modded patches if I were you.

To do this:

1. Go to the Game section of the XMB.
  2. Go to the very top folder called "Data Utility"
  3. Go down until you see Call of Duty
  4. Press triangle on it and select delete.

Also I would like to point out that the operator said that the E-Mail was sent to everyone, so I asked some of my friends if they received it and they said no. I think I have put enough info together to tell you that Infinity Ward just sent their Call of Duty ban list to Sony. Also ImmortalMods confirms that Treyarch sent their bans to Sony too.

ALSO I would like to point out that he did not say a SINGLE thing about piracy even though I said for breaking copyright and terms of service.

So there you are I will keep this update as I find out more... Hope you enjoyed.
Last edited by clankfan1 ; 02-17-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: UPDATE

The following 36 users say thank you to clankfan1 for this useful post:

-SprayzZz-, Anthony, ashleycole, bubblebuddyi, buggerking, david9602, dunczzzz, eddydiep, ethicaldesign, Francyepaddy, GanGSt4R_96, gavros7, Gotham_Shadow, iNoxx, jagreen, jrlop99, krazyfoolof2010, L☺L, LeBron-James, Mr.Oppossum, mu966, NARUTO11, PIINC, qwerew, S3gant, SolidSnake77, Steve Jobs, stronghead, Superchunk, SuperHigh202, talhab6, themightydombra, toxic90384109284, tsuma, xXGMLO2Xx, xxzero26xx
02-17-2011, 08:18 AM #65
Weird, I haven't got any emails from Sony about this. Just monthly PSN store newsletters
02-17-2011, 08:36 AM #66
mrbonno
High Like a Cheese Spliff
i dont hack games and i havnt been banned and i never got an email
02-17-2011, 08:56 AM #67
I updated from CFW 3.55 to OFW 3.55 then updated to OFW 3.56. They sent me a letter saying that I have illegal software on my system.

What the hell?
02-17-2011, 09:03 AM #68
Gotham_Shadow
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
Originally posted by mathilda View Post
I updated from CFW 3.55 to OFW 3.55 then updated to OFW 3.56. They sent me a letter saying that I have illegal software on my system.

What the hell?

Yeah you need to do a full system restore/format. It takes forever. My friend has to do the same thing as he has done the same exact thing you did. He had the cfw 3.55, then ofw 3.55, then on to ofw 3.56.
02-17-2011, 09:05 AM #69
jagreen
I am error
Originally posted by The
I bolded the bullshit parts for you, OP. A "Sony" rep. will never ask you those things.

Fake.

Sorry dude but how the hell do you know??
02-17-2011, 09:19 AM #70
Originally posted by edge4eva32 View Post
Yeah you need to do a full system restore/format. It takes forever. My friend has to do the same thing as he has done the same exact thing you did. He had the cfw 3.55, then ofw 3.55, then on to ofw 3.56.

How do you do that AND keep all your saves?
02-17-2011, 09:31 AM #71
Gotham_Shadow
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
You would lose the saves. However, what he did was use his usb flash drive I believe to make a backup copy of all his saves. Not all saves can be backed up however. I know Assassins Creed 2 can't be copied. I am not sure what other game saves can't be copied.

So essentially:
1. Plug in a flash drive into the usb port
2. go to ps3 gamesave utility
3. select your saves
4. then triangle (I think), then copy to the usb flash drive you inserted.

The following user thanked Gotham_Shadow for this useful post:

mathilda
02-17-2011, 09:32 AM #72
Asmel
Are you high?
I noticed i only get "detected" in my second account when i tried ftp, don't use to wipe, and connect without proxy. In my main account, which i only use with proxy, wipe everytime i use something and use stealthed homebrew no email recived yet. :wtf:
02-17-2011, 09:34 AM #73
Can I do a full back up then restore/format from backup?

I don't want to lose heavy rain and new Vegas saves. Also batman arkham asylum.
Last edited by mathilda ; 02-17-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo