Post: [Sony News] PSN Pass - End of Gamesharing [Sony News]
07-10-2011, 04:10 AM #1
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The major corporation Sony has stated that with new games it will include this registration code which will be called the "PSN Pass" which will only be able to be used once. This code will only be offered on certain titles. The first game to be issuing these codes will be the upcoming title, Resistance 3.

Sony has not explained yet what features the code unlocks, but the company has stated that "full online access" is only available after you are given a code. Ars Technica has reported that anyone who buys a title used will be able to reset the title, but it will cost them a fee of $15. Sony still has not clarified as to what features/add-ons the code locks.

If and when more news on this topic is released I will update this thread. Expect an edit soon.

You must login or register to view this content.

Cheers,
Kunducted

The following user thanked Kunducted for this useful post:

The following 3 users groaned at Kunducted for this awful post:

.Trent, AlabamaHit, Cole MacGrath
07-10-2011, 04:14 AM #2
Mr-Speedy
U wont @ me doe
This s*** makes me so mad :mad:
07-10-2011, 04:28 AM #3
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
I don't see the point in doing this other than to stop pirates. PSN games bought from the store shouldn't be affected.
BTW: Moved to PS3 general
07-10-2011, 04:37 AM #4
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
Originally posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post
I don't see the point in doing this other than to stop pirates. PSN games bought from the store shouldn't be affected.
BTW: Moved to PS3 general

Thanks for the move. Yeah I agree, the reason for this is to retaliate against illegitimate copies of the game. Resistance 3 is just the beginning.
07-10-2011, 06:28 AM #5
TechMemphis
< ^ > < ^ >
Stuff like this is still seems like news its basically the same thing as all the vip and online passes in the other games like battlefield bad company 2, Homefront, Mortal Kombat,Medal of Honor its just Sony's adaption of the same policy as with whats done with the other games I really don't care personally... doesn't change all that much in the long run unless you mooch off other people/get used copys the later being the bigger issue imo. We will see I guess... its not like we are paying for online with this policy but we kinda...(not really) will be if we get used games later and the codes have been used... im going wait till full details are revealed before I decide whether or not to hate this...
07-10-2011, 07:11 AM #6
wardoc22
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
What the french toast? F*CK YOU SONY U B*TCH ASS!!!

The following user groaned wardoc22 for this awful post:

Tree
07-10-2011, 07:27 AM #7
Uuugh, they're trying to make more money with this. I can't wait until Sony moves on to the ps4. (google it)

The following user groaned XGamma_Greenx for this awful post:

Implicit
07-10-2011, 08:52 AM #8
hollywoodcoolgu
Bounty hunter
dame i hate this crap now this kind of stuff makes me wanna move to xbox

The following 2 users say thank you to hollywoodcoolgu for this useful post:

GUESS_HU, oO_NeoN
07-10-2011, 09:06 AM #9
alan-123
Little One
Let's wait for a homebrew app that let's You activate PSN Games and DLC's

The following 3 users groaned at alan-123 for this awful post:

Det0x, Implicit, Kunducted
07-10-2011, 09:17 AM #10
iNaz
Vault dweller
This is ****ed you should get the pass free with the mother****ing game we pay enough and yet we get **** all in return, sony are gonna have a big loss cos I aint paying extra cash to play online when I can go on xbox and pay so much a month and it still be cheaper....

The following user thanked iNaz for this useful post:

Mr Grumpy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo