Post: [Sony News] PSN Pass - End of Gamesharing [Sony News]
07-10-2011, 04:10 AM #1
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The major corporation Sony has stated that with new games it will include this registration code which will be called the "PSN Pass" which will only be able to be used once. This code will only be offered on certain titles. The first game to be issuing these codes will be the upcoming title, Resistance 3.

Sony has not explained yet what features the code unlocks, but the company has stated that "full online access" is only available after you are given a code. Ars Technica has reported that anyone who buys a title used will be able to reset the title, but it will cost them a fee of $15. Sony still has not clarified as to what features/add-ons the code locks.

If and when more news on this topic is released I will update this thread. Expect an edit soon.

You must login or register to view this content.

Cheers,
Kunducted

The following user thanked Kunducted for this useful post:

The following 3 users groaned at Kunducted for this awful post:

.Trent, AlabamaHit, Cole MacGrath
07-17-2011, 04:35 PM #56
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Gamesharing will not be affected, it is for games you get in a case, not from the PS Store so all will be ok for us sharers, this will only stop pirates going online with certain games if a new exploit/CFW comes out, Sony are just covering there ass cause they know it going to happen!
07-17-2011, 06:28 PM #57
CommunistWaffle
Pokemon Trainer
This is mainly to counteract the used-game market. I rent games from GameFly a lot so this is disappointing, because now I won't be able to access the online for many games (without paying, of course).
07-17-2011, 08:10 PM #58
Anyone selling an xbox360?
07-17-2011, 11:16 PM #59
lol game sharing or buying used games most games are disk based not off the psn store

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo