Post: [Sony News] PSN Pass - End of Gamesharing [Sony News]
07-10-2011, 04:10 AM #1
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The major corporation Sony has stated that with new games it will include this registration code which will be called the "PSN Pass" which will only be able to be used once. This code will only be offered on certain titles. The first game to be issuing these codes will be the upcoming title, Resistance 3.

Sony has not explained yet what features the code unlocks, but the company has stated that "full online access" is only available after you are given a code. Ars Technica has reported that anyone who buys a title used will be able to reset the title, but it will cost them a fee of $15. Sony still has not clarified as to what features/add-ons the code locks.

If and when more news on this topic is released I will update this thread. Expect an edit soon.

You must login or register to view this content.

Cheers,
Kunducted

The following user thanked Kunducted for this useful post:

The following 3 users groaned at Kunducted for this awful post:

.Trent, AlabamaHit, Cole MacGrath
07-10-2011, 03:42 PM #20
SilentStorm1011
Do a barrel roll!
who gives about playing online anyway?

The following user groaned SilentStorm1011 for this awful post:

Extended
07-10-2011, 03:51 PM #21
ciunas
Insert User Title Here
How is this the end of gamesharing?? Misleading title. This is basically the same as EA pass. All major publishers are doing it.

The following user thanked ciunas for this useful post:

AlabamaHit
07-10-2011, 04:08 PM #22
odan360
Are you high?
so do we have to pay 75 bucks for the new games + the pass or we just pay 60 for the new games + pass?

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

i wanna unhook the bra =]
07-10-2011, 04:35 PM #23
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
Originally posted by iNaz View Post
This is ****ed you should get the pass free with the mother****ing game we pay enough and yet we get **** all in return, sony are gonna have a big loss cos I aint paying extra cash to play online when I can go on xbox and pay so much a month and it still be cheaper....

I agree completely. Personally though, I have both consoles and I use my PS3 a lot more as I like to watch Blu-Ray movies in surround sound and PS3 works perfectly for that. Also, I just like the feel of the remote and many other things. PS3 = entertainment. xBox = gaming. That's just my opinion.

Originally posted by xkianushx View Post
Dose this really make a difference seeing how you get a code when you buy a game so you still have access to online for free. You just cant get on with your friends disk.

You can get online, but you will have to pay a nominal fee of $15.

Originally posted by Adam
This wont affect Cod.. only the shit games Tbh.

I agree completely.

Originally posted by hahaNO View Post
I believe if you buy the used copy of the game it will be like 5 dollars cheaper, not 15! AT least not for a while

What are you talking about? Used, you get the code free. Unused, you get a cheaper copy but you have to pay to get another code to be able to get online. It will be impractical to buy used titles that have the code as it will end up equaling around the same.

Originally posted by ClutchLikeDemon View Post
been posted all ready bud

I searched and it did not come up.
07-10-2011, 04:36 PM #24
o--Dropshotzz--
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Adam
This wont affect Cod.. only the shit games Tbh.

Thank god i like to be able to play on a few seperate accounts when i get the 1st one to full prestige...
07-10-2011, 04:37 PM #25
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
Originally posted by sh View Post
How is this the end of gamesharing?? Misleading title. This is basically the same as EA pass. All major publishers are doing it.

Umm, well gamesharing also becomes impractical as you will have to pay $15 for certain titles.
07-10-2011, 04:48 PM #26
Originally posted by Kunducted View Post
The major corporation Sony has stated that with new games it will include this registration code which will be called the "PSN Pass" which will only be able to be used once. This code will only be offered on certain titles. The first game to be issuing these codes will be the upcoming title, Resistance 3.

Sony has not explained yet what features the code unlocks, but the company has stated that "full online access" is only available after you are given a code. Ars Technica has reported that anyone who buys a title used will be able to reset the title, but it will cost them a fee of $15. Sony still has not clarified as to what features/add-ons the code locks.

If and when more news on this topic is released I will update this thread. Expect an edit soon.

You must login or register to view this content.

Cheers,
Kunducted

this is dumb on their part
07-10-2011, 04:54 PM #27
ciunas
Insert User Title Here
Originally posted by Kunducted View Post
Umm, well gamesharing also becomes impractical as you will have to pay $15 for certain titles.

No there won't be any pass for normal PSN games. The full games like infamous won't need a pass either because they're bought from the PSN new you can't by them used therefore no inconvenience.
07-10-2011, 04:57 PM #28
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
We'll just have to just wait for the release and find out.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo