Post: [Sony News] PSN Pass - End of Gamesharing [Sony News]
07-10-2011, 04:10 AM #1
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The major corporation Sony has stated that with new games it will include this registration code which will be called the "PSN Pass" which will only be able to be used once. This code will only be offered on certain titles. The first game to be issuing these codes will be the upcoming title, Resistance 3.

Sony has not explained yet what features the code unlocks, but the company has stated that "full online access" is only available after you are given a code. Ars Technica has reported that anyone who buys a title used will be able to reset the title, but it will cost them a fee of $15. Sony still has not clarified as to what features/add-ons the code locks.

If and when more news on this topic is released I will update this thread. Expect an edit soon.

You must login or register to view this content.

Cheers,
Kunducted

The following user thanked Kunducted for this useful post:

The following 3 users groaned at Kunducted for this awful post:

.Trent, AlabamaHit, Cole MacGrath
07-16-2011, 08:11 AM #47
itsinitial
I am error
What If i buy the game NEW first day, use the pass, it breaks about a year or two after and i buy it used. Will i be able to play online still?
07-16-2011, 07:49 PM #48
viper44
Gym leader
wait a minute, how exactly does the psn pass have anything to do with gamesharing? I use multiple ps3 consoles for lan and gameshare between my consoles so i can have the latest map packs. I dont own any games that use the EA pass, but couldnt dlc still be gameshared; I mean you dont have to be online to use map packs.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Originally posted by itsinitial View Post
What If i buy the game NEW first day, use the pass, it breaks about a year or two after and i buy it used. Will i be able to play online still?

Yes, since your console has been activated already

HOW EA Online pass works

Originally posted by another user
How do I unlock my Online Pass access code?
When you connect online with your new EA SPORTS game for the first time, you’ll be prompted to confirm your EA account details. If you don’t already have an EA account, you’ll be asked to accept our Online Terms and Conditions and then create an account. After confirming or creating your account, a screen will appear that enables you to redeem your Online Pass code.

If you haven’t already enabled Online Pass, when you try to access an online feature in your game, you will be prompted to enter your code. If you do not have a code, you may purchase Online Pass access from within the game. If you’re not sure online is for you, you can enjoy a temporary free trial before purchasing access.

Where do I find the Online Pass access code?
The code is on the back of the manual inside your game. When you open the package, you’ll see the game disc on the right. On the left you will find the game manual along with other printed material. Flip the manual over, and you’ll see the code at the top of the back page.

If I have a used game, how will I know if the access code that came with the game still works?
Your Online Pass code comes with the original retail purchase of the game. If the original consumer of the game did not use the Online Pass code, the second-hand consumer may use that code.

Does one Online Pass give me online access to all EA SPORTS titles?
In order to access online features and bonus content for a specific title, you need to activate or purchase Online Pass for each title. A code to activate Online Pass is found on the back of the manual of each EA SPORTS title purchased new.

How do I buy online access or get a code if I do not have a one or my code has already been used?
If you have purchased a new game, your code is printed on the back of the manual included inside your game packaging. If you have purchased a used game and the code originally included has already been activated, you will need to purchase EA SPORTS Online Pass access from within your game by choosing PURCHASE ONLINE ACCESS from the Code Redemption screen.

Can I buy my code from ea.com or is it only available via Microsoft and Sony?
An Online Pass needs to be purchased through Xbox LIVE Marketplace or PlayStation®Store. You can purchase Online Pass access from within your game by choosing PURCHASE ONLINE ACCESS from the Code Redemption screen.

What if I cannot find the Online Pass for purchase in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace or PlayStation®Store?
For some EA SPORTS titles in regions outside of North America, Online Pass is not currently available for purchase through Xbox LIVE Marketplace or Playstation®Store. Review a complete list of markets and titles where Online Pass is currently available for purchase.

How do I unlock my code once I buy it?
If you have a code for EA SPORTS Online Pass access, you will be prompted to enter the code when you access an online feature in your game. If you have purchased online access from within your game, you do not need to enter a code.

Do I still need to buy an Xbox LIVE gold subscription to use online features?
Yes, multiplayer online game modes require an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription for gamers playing on Xbox 360 consoles.

What online features will work if I don’t subscribe to Xbox LIVE Gold?
You will be able to enjoy all the offline content of your game and will be able to download other items from the in-game store. You will be unable to play multiplayer online game modes or use your downloaded content in online game modes.

Excluding multiplayer online gameplay, some online features, on a game-by-game basis may be available for use without a Gold subscription.

What happens if my console dies or is lost or stolen?
If you have already redeemed the code from your game manual or purchased Online Pass access, you will be able to access online features from any console using the same Xbox 360 gamertag or PlayStation 3 persona. You may need to go to the ‘my downloaded content’ section in Xbox LIVE Marketplace or PSN Store to re-download your EA SPORTS Online Pass.

Can I still buy downloadable content without activation of an Online Pass?
Yes. If you do not have Xbox LIVE Gold access, you will only be able to use downloadable content in offline game modes.

Can I still get free downloadable game add-ons?
Yes, you may still download game add-ons such as EA Sports Ultimate Team (when applicable). However, if you do not have Xbox LIVE Gold access or EA SPORTS Online Pass access, you will only be able to use downloadable content in offline game modes.

What if I’m not connected to the Internet?
An internet connection is required to activate the Online Pass and to gain access to bonus content.

Do I need to purchase an Online Pass when I rent a game?
Each Xbox LIVE gamertag or Sony PSN ID is entitled to a free 2 day trial per title. Beyond that, users will be required to redeem or purchase Online Pass access.

Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
No. One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.

What happens if I play at a friend’s console?
If you have purchased Online Pass access or redeemed a code for free access on one console, you can use your access on any other console. To do so, sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag or PSN ID persona on your friend’s console when playing online.

Is there any difference between the Online Pass trial in 11 and 12 titles?
Yes. All EA SPORTS 11 titles have a 7-Day free trial while 12 titles have a 2-Day free tria
Last edited by viper44 ; 07-16-2011 at 07:58 PM.
07-17-2011, 09:29 AM #49
x_-iAmLucky-_x
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by hollywoodcoolgu View Post
dame i hate this crap now this kind of stuff makes me wanna move to xbox

On xbox you can't gameshare anyway soo..
PS3 is soo much better Winky Winky
07-17-2011, 11:45 AM #50
Originally posted by x View Post
On xbox you can't gameshare anyway soo..
PS3 is soo much better Winky Winky

Don't start a console war bro, none of us want that happening again :p

The following user thanked Clutch Hunterr for this useful post:

x_-iAmLucky-_x
07-17-2011, 01:09 PM #51
FIFACoinStore
FIFA COIN SUPPLIER
So happy i bought a XBOX Smile
07-17-2011, 03:16 PM #52
sendastunt
Trophy Hunter
this is bullshit
reminds me of the game Socom FTB3 (PSP) which gives access to multiplayer with a code, that is sold 10$ ! This code gets associated with a PSN account so that no other account can play online with the game, except for a new 10$ code
meaning it's gonna be hard to sell that game Angry
07-17-2011, 04:08 PM #53
Kunducted
Trusted-News-Info
I don't see why some people don't get it. It's a code that can only be used ONCE. I repeat, ONCE. Although, if you want to sell that game, you'd have to sell like $20 cheaper as it's going to cost $15 to get a new code for that game. Hence, gamesharing will come of no use as it will cost $15 to get back online in that game.

-Kunducted
07-17-2011, 04:16 PM #54
Sony. We Don't Want To Pay Anymore. Winky WinkyHappy

The following user thanked ClutchLikeWelch for this useful post:

WelchGuy
07-17-2011, 04:20 PM #55
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
This will piss me off. What if we want to take the game over to a friends house and play it? This is not right, we bought the game, we should choose what to do with it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo