Post: Mods please close this already. It has become a battleground! <3 thanks babe
07-17-2016, 09:12 AM #1
anthonything
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So if i may ask, why does everyone say there is an 'injection limit' for GSC size on PS3? Im pretty much 100% certain there is no such thing and that the block of memory we are injecting at just isnt big enough. Anyone have any rebuttals? If you say there is, please provide actual evidence and not 'i tried to inject xyz and it didnt work so there has to be' and more like 'size must be less than uint maxvalue' or something legitimate Not Happy or Sad. Thanks.

Answer explained for those who did not understand initially:
1: The only limit to GSC is the maximum memory partition you can reach before overwriting crucial system information or other files loaded into memory. This means that by finding a bigger memory space, you are able to inject much larger files.
2: The technical limit to GSC is impossible to reach, but is a fun trivia piece of information for those who want it (uint max value: 4294967295 bytes ) because GSC specifies file size in uint as a compilation parameter.
3: 0x51000000 will give you approximately 7.5MB of space for your GSC. (Not 100% sure of size because it was a tool i made that detected it and the tool cant handle non existant mem regions, but, its still a fuckload)
I have personally tested injection to this offset and it works fine. Only bug is that this apparently sticks in memory after ps3 restarts (no idea why, must be something important :P) so you will need to null out the space before injecting, but elsewise, enjoy.
Credit for this 'discovery' if you could call it that, would be nice. Thanks. Admins, you are good to close it.
Last edited by anthonything ; 07-27-2016 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Found huge memory partition

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

BoatyMcBoatFace
07-27-2016, 09:07 AM #92
MrMoan
Big Daddy
Originally posted by Gentle View Post
lol y u h8 me m8? I tr0ll for phun

We good now bae<3

We must kill the evils of the gsc section

The following user thanked MrMoan for this useful post:

itsSorrow
07-27-2016, 09:08 AM #93
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by anthonything View Post
Well if my current project with extinct goes through, bully loses by default. GG

Well, here is a quote from You must login or register to view this content. you salty fuck:
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
Originally posted by MrMoan View Post
Sorry i get drunk and bitch at bully its reaily fun

So you just admitted you're just "bitching" which makes your points invalid yet again xD
07-27-2016, 09:16 AM #94
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by BullyWiiPlaza View Post
Well, here is a quote from You must login or register to view this content. you salty fuck:
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."

So you just admitted you're just "bitching" which makes your points invalid yet again xD

So your already admitting by Extincts quote to not compete in nothing?
07-27-2016, 09:24 AM #95
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by AUS View Post
Well,who ever does Ai Zombies instantly wins ( cough cough ) Smile on a side note,yes this could be really fun!

You know whats funny? That's what we are working on lmao. I wont go into detail cause bully will just say it is his idea but just imagine a couple thousand steps up from the mw2 ai zombies and you've got the project
Last edited by anthonything ; 07-27-2016 at 09:26 AM.

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

DF_AUS
07-27-2016, 09:26 AM #96
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by BullyWiiPlaza View Post

Buddy i was working on this before this idea of competition even surfaced. Calm down, you seem a little defensive for someone with so many accolades and achievements! :kappa:
07-27-2016, 09:27 AM #97
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
You know whats funny? That's what we are working on lmao

You twisted Extincts sexy ass to start working on Ai,lol,good shit m8,i still would like to see you and Bully in some form of showdown!

The following user thanked DF_AUS for this useful post:

DoraTheKiller97
07-27-2016, 09:29 AM #98
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by AUS View Post
You twisted Extincts sexy ass to start working on Ai,lol,good shit m8,i still would like to see you and Bully in some form of showdown!

No im writing the ai. He is working on Hud and aesthetics. Thats how deathrun was too. I like engine work and stuff like that and he is really talented in aesthetics and perfection of the content so we split it up to have a really good product. This project is massive though, so dont expect a product for a very long time. He will most likely be doing some other redacted things but as i said, lets not feed bully leech material
07-27-2016, 09:32 AM #99
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
No im writing the ai. He is working on Hud and aesthetics. Thats how deathrun was too. I like engine work and stuff like that and he is really talented in aesthetics and perfection of the content so we split it up to have a really good product. This project is massive though, so dont expect a product for a very long time. He will most likely be doing some other redacted things but as i said, lets not feed bully leech material

Even if takes a year,i am really wrapped to hear it's finally under development,Deathrun was an awesome achievement,can't wait to see the outcome with Ai Smile
07-27-2016, 09:34 AM #100
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Calm down, you seem a little defensive for someone with so many accolades and achievements! :kappa:

Some people just have a life and duties outside of modding and Internet forums in case you can't tell...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo