04-30-2014, 09:03 PM #1
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
GT6 Physics Testing & Analysis

These are Post of Interest

You must login or register to view this content.

Lap Battles

Here are some videos (I can only add 2 so Ill link post where videos are posted when I can)

Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 01-14-2015 at 11:13 PM.

The following 9 users say thank you to SiNiST3R for this useful post:

Jounijkk, kazzbakkisback, nextgole, OdeFinn, P$ycho, policedu, q-k, turbo_nova2l, tyronekfc
06-09-2014, 02:06 AM #20
NtodaD
Do a barrel roll!
Yeah i know.

Understeering don´t must come from the Settings on the Frontaxle, are the rear Springs to Soft it produced Understeering to, or wrong Coilover Settings. It´s all about the Balance from the Car.

For German Users they read this thread, here a very Good Link about Suspension Setup.

The following user thanked NtodaD for this useful post:

SiNiST3R
06-09-2014, 11:26 AM #21
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
What I also find interesting is many of those who think camber is broken or that ride height doesn't produce correct results I found they also advocate using driving assist to accomplish certain A-Spec races and events.

2 Good examples are Super Licence Test 5 and The Final Goodwood event in an X1 Prototype.

I believe us tuners should be a leading example that at no point in any A-Spec event are any assist needed. The full A-Spec can be done assist free.

Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-20-2014 at 10:26 AM.
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM #22
NtodaD
Do a barrel roll!
I try the X1 Goodwood Race many Times, but i don´t fast enough for Gold.

Ok that was at the Gamerelease, where i don´t have much experience with the now Gamephysics.

and i believe, a really big Issue is, that PD don´t say anything helpfull stuff about the Setting. Something like "Hey Community, we are follow your Diskussion about the Tireflex ingame. Tireflex are not implitated! Thanks and have fun with GT6. Your PD Team!" isn´t to much work for the PD Crew. I mean where is the fucking problem to do that?

By the Way, i set my BMW M3 ´07 new for Drifting. Good thing, i really can´t say which tyres makes more fin, CH or CW. Maybe i try CM later. The really Bad Thing is, on CH i a way much to fast for high Driftscores lol. I must learn to forced myself to drift slower. Cambersetting has a little bit Changend, from Tyretype to Tyretype and Drifting for Fun with rentrys and high Driftangles where the Counter delete the Score, or Scoredrifting. But on the Suspension i doesn´t need any changes for other Tyres.

What about the Rideheight?

You say the GTR GT3 stock setup is really good. I think the M3 GT2/3 Setup is really good to. But the Cars are on the Front completly down. Is there still enough space for a working Suspension or works the Suspension then only beetwen the tyres and the Chassis, like a solid axle rear end?

In GT5 with modding the Ridehigh, i only swapped a Racingssuspension with a range from 30, mostly +10 to -20, so i can change something on the Suspension ingame without delete the modding Ridehigh. When i slammed the Car completly Down, i has also the lowest point. i checked this in the HxD. So the 180SX is with lowest Ridehigh nearly the 180SX in GT5. For me it says, a completly slammed Car has still space for a working Suspension.

And makes it Sense in GT6, to set the Car at the same optical Height. A Silvia S14 or the GTR GT500 has with the same Ridehieght settings Dront/Rear a lower rearend. A little bit can be handled with the Camber setting, but not all. But with less ARB and more SR (and Coilover exbound) at the Rear, you don´t need really more space for the Suspension. And don´t forgot the Downforce, they produced extra weight on the Rear. I see on GTP, that the Downforce produced a Dynamic Rideheight. Nothing really new for me at all, i really sure about GT5 has this to. Same with the Front end, when its lower as the Rear with same Rideheight, like the BMW M3, Shelby GT500 ´11 and much more Cars.

I has only ABS1, because i on the DS3 and for me has the analogstick not enough way for beeing a Pro on the Breaks. Yes i know, a high Breakingskill is the Secret for fast laptimes in Racing, special you are a Leftfooder in real Live. I doesn´t would have a Steering Wheel. With a Steeringwheel in the Hands, i need a real car under the Ass. Without this intigration in the Car, i don´t feel what the Car is doing. This also the reason i played in Third Person, i must See what the Car does because i don´t feel it. The information they comes from the Steering are ok for the Frontaxle, but i can´t this translate also to the rear. So Bottom Line, i drive to much en real Life hahaha!

Edit: The Video is in Germany not available, fucking Youtube.
Last edited by NtodaD ; 06-09-2014 at 02:35 PM.
06-09-2014, 03:43 PM #23
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Im not all too good at drifting, Ive not done any of the drift events. I neeed to practice.

Just a suggestion but when I was still on DS3 I set throttle and brake to the triggers. This give much more control easier to modulate the throttle and brakes remarkably well with precision. An important element as it separates the 2 controls so you can use them independently, crucial for advanced techniques.

Its something that takes a bit of getting used to but worth the effort.

As to "Dynamic Ride Height" lol yeah downforce is moving air generated force pushing down on the car. Its been pushing down on GT cars since at least GT4. Its nothing new a few editions later.

Lowering the car also correctly reduces drag allowing higher top speeds and better acceleration.
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-09-2014 at 06:06 PM.
06-09-2014, 05:12 PM #24
NtodaD
Do a barrel roll!
Hmmm....

On R2 i set my E-Brake for drifting. But on PS1 and PS2 i used X ndthe little Pink Thing with 4 Corners for throttle and Brakes, i know what do you mean. But i stay on the Sticks i think. Easy can do every one, i got to master this Style. But of course i used on other Games the R2/L2 for Racing, mostly on Arcaderacer lol. And Drifting with R2/L2, everyone i see to do this, used a way to much the Brakes. I used the Brakes only, to get a liftet Rearend while Countersteering with a hard push on the Brakes, my Biassetting 7/3 with Racingbrakes. But at all i don´t need really Brakes at drifting, same like the real Life. Are the Speed to high, you start the Drift earlyer. At Drifting u must be goes in the right entryangle, befor the corner starts. The rest is only Physics! High Camber at the Front, some at the Rear will help.

But Anyway. I choose Drifting as example because i have there nice working Setups. Everytime when i be drifting in GT6, i find new insparations to set this Driftcar. Racing i doesn´t so much, because there my settings runs not good enough for me. I just don´t give a Fuck about the Raceendposition. A First Place is senseless for me, when i the whole race more with my Car fights, then with an Other guys. That´s Bullshit, not Fun. and the problem to find Nice Online Lobbys, without Pseudo setting Driver with rooms they called "SuperGT/GT500, 367kw", but all this Guys has Engine Ups and Turbo Ups installed and set the Powerlimiter to 367kw, but don´t say it new Guys in this Lobby. And of course, this fucking 0.00 Camber Pseudosettings. They got easy 25-30PP more and 200NM more torque. My Setup works on 367kw stock Engine. That´s even Bullshit for fun!
06-09-2014, 05:41 PM #25
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Do you have a drift car set up I can use to practice with?

Manipulating downforce in GT4 I set the Speed record for GT4 that has never been broken. I tuned the GT-One pulling a wheelie at close to 400mph no hacks

Yeah at game release I made gold with the X1 on Goodwood by a few tenths, now I run it under 30 seconds, usually around 29.4. I noticed it forced on SRF so I did a Time Trial run with SRF off and still pull off 29.X
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-09-2014 at 06:11 PM.
06-09-2014, 06:41 PM #26
NtodaD
Do a barrel roll!
Sure.

I set allways

LSD 60/60/30.

Transmission:

-Final to Highest (5000 - 5500)
-Max. Speed to lowest
-All gears short
-Final Gear that the Tranny Ends up 270 - 290Km/h, most 3700-3900.

I do this to have a fast shifting Transmission.

My updated BMW M3 Setting. All parts on it. Exhaust Semi-Race because the Race Exhaust looks ugly and the Sound is Crap.

Height: 80/76
SR: 8,00/15.60
In: 5/5
Out: 5/7
ARB: 4/3
Camb.: 3,6/0,8
Toe: 0,00/0,02

No weight or Balance Setting. Only Chassis3, Cfk Hood, and Macrolon Windows.

Nissan Fairlady Z Z34

Height: 83/80
SR: 11,00/12,75
In: 6/6
Out: 4/7
ARB: 5/3
Camb.: 3,5/1,0
Toe: 0,00/0,05

No extra Weight or balancing. Full Lightweight!

I build Never Rearspoiler on Streetcars. Tyres are Comfort Soft.

Yeah SRF Sucks. faster Tyrewearing, and it makes slower at all because in every Corner the Fronttyres goes Overdrive. I don´t know how spell it in English. With SRF forced you to use the tyres only wrong!
06-09-2014, 07:08 PM #27
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Quick tip on the "tranny trick", it's not the best way to set up the gears and using the highest FD is not actually required to get the closest gears. I actually. Built a tool for tuning gears that if used correctly will produce a faster gear set then any set using the "tranny trick" and even with matched gearing but different final drive gears.

Gear Tuner

With it you can see how fast you go in each gear, so if you need a mph or 2 more in a specific gear (Like that needless shift right before your braking point that also causes a second needless downshift) it's easy to do. Also the "tranny trick" employs a poor method for multi track adaptation as it requires the user tune with the final drive gear to adjust for tracks with a different highest speed. This doesn't work right because all gears are thrown off to do this especially the low gears, lowering the FDG results in low gears that are too far spaced apart and raising it results in gears that are close. Its better to properly tune gears by feeling them out on the track and while this can be done with only the in game gear tuner, what I provide is more correct and shows much more info clearly, in game its basic and full of problems.

Easily simply using a lower final drive setting, the "max speed slider" is faster then the tranny trick and better around the track.
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-09-2014 at 08:46 PM.
06-09-2014, 08:47 PM #28
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Thanks for the set up BTW Ill give drifting some practice later tonight with it, cheers.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo