04-30-2014, 09:03 PM #1
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
GT6 Physics Testing & Analysis

These are Post of Interest

You must login or register to view this content.

Lap Battles

Here are some videos (I can only add 2 so Ill link post where videos are posted when I can)

Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 01-14-2015 at 11:13 PM.

The following 9 users say thank you to SiNiST3R for this useful post:

Jounijkk, kazzbakkisback, nextgole, OdeFinn, P$ycho, policedu, q-k, turbo_nova2l, tyronekfc
06-18-2014, 02:58 PM #47
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
I took my 550pp F40 back to Silverstone GP set to run 5 to 10 laps so I can compare with the lap I pulled there a few days ago. I hit a lap time inside a few tenths of the 1.08 lap, save best lap and headed over to the datalogger.

Load them up and analyzed the lateral G's. 99% of the time they follow each other perfectly. I did feel as though I needed to be a little more precise with my steering to keep a smooth line in and out. G's are showing I already am getting the most grip out of Camber, but there is room to tweak my balance a bit to improve steering.

Adding the front + rear camber angles its a bit under -8 at -7.6 total camber angle. Still smoking the Silverstone GP. Id like to have a Zero Camber Tuned F40 run some Silverstone GP laps so I can bring a Tuned Zero Camber F40 to Datalogger to compare. I believe a Zero camber tune lap driven by somebody into Zero camber should be used for comparing instead of me running it.

Reports back from GTP are mixed, some time to see how this impacts the consensus will be required.
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-18-2014 at 03:09 PM.
06-18-2014, 03:47 PM #48
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Looking through my garage FR and MR cars have had the default settings altered. Instead of the cookie cutter toe angle of 0.00/0.20 it has been changed to 0.00/0.60 and Camber from 0.0/0.0 to 0.5 /1.5 . This is nice, a better starting point for tuning.

Reports of the PD Tuned cars having the settings altered is false. My GT3 Base Model and RJN both have the exact same default settings BUT a lil error when hitting reset changes the rear ext to 2 instead of 3 like its supposed to be.

GTP so far I see them holding on to camber being broken, but that's to be expected, even though Camber has been improved they still hold a backwards understanding so pretty much whatever they thinks has been done its most probably the opposite that's true.
06-18-2014, 04:38 PM #49
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
With the update bringing serious handling dynamic changes expect a lot of post testing different cars to get a real feel for the updates changes.

So far if you've already been taking advantage of Camber don't expect to see improvements in grip, the fix in no way so far has increased grip gains from camber, but rather fixed the lac of detrimental effects running Zero Camber (FUCKING AWESOME) I've so far been messing with only cars that have a rep for being difficult to tune and drive, mine are all driving just as well as in 1.08 with a little more rear end composure.

Breaking out The YELLOWBIRD for testing shows the same thing. The tail is more composed and less likely to keep rotating after you start straitening out the steering wheel. I can only attribute this to the fix for rear heavy cars.

Other than that my YB with a total F+R camber reaching spot on -8 degrees is performing just as it was before, the rear heavy car fix certainly helped the YB. Previously it would quirk, all would seem fine, then enter a corner slightly too hot and out of the blue a battle to keep the rear in check would begin when most of the time it would be fine. The car drives the same now but the quirk is gone, the arse is much more stable.

I figure as always the rest of the settings still need to be working together and imbalanced settings will have obscured results.

Time difference is very minimal, again I'm inside a couple tenths of the YB lap I pulled on 1.08, I've not hit the Datalogger but I going there after I enjoy the replay some more Happy

I also notice I'm cooking the tires much less than before. Previously on hard corners my front (running aggressive camber) would be cooking laying rubber and smoke as I carve the corner, but not so anymore (so far) I'm carving corners at the limit and not lighting up my outside front as before. I can see this showing serious gains when tire wear is on plus tire temps on the front should be lower spread across many laps.

I'm seeing what I was hoping to see. HOWEVER, body roll in corners "roll camber" is still limited, body roll doesn't keep going as it should, there seems to be a maximum level of pitch/roll. Where IRL we would see more pivoting after saturating roll resistance with more roll still to go. Once max level is hit, it causes grip fall off correctly, but its not nearly as much as we see in the real world. I don't see PD really changing this aspect in GT6. I don't see this changing until possibly GT7 and it would require making cars more difficult to try unless tuned right, with GT6 not being a SiM only for us real world tuners they have to leave the cars drivable for the masses. I can see this being why as they improved camber by making poor settings more harmful they also tweaked the default settings to add stability.
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-18-2014 at 05:12 PM.
06-18-2014, 06:44 PM #50
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Video of the RUF YB at Silverstone running on 1.09 with the same set up from 1.08. On both only the suspension and brakes have been tuned. Everything else is stock, all stock parts except an adjustable suspension. As always all assist are off, no ABS on Sport Soft Tires DFGT MT

I then jumped in my ITR and she felt great, no improvements to handling however again I was cooking the front tires less. I can see this having good results in events with tire wear so Im going to jump in the Ascari Race Resort for some tire wear racing, switching over to SM tires but staying at 549pp Happy results of that later.

First Im going to run my tuned BMW M4 at Silverstone GP, then take a CSL to Grand Vally to see if she rolls popping the inside curb in the tunnel.

Each car will have a go at the Ascari Race Resort and also my Ascari Killing Aventador will have a go. The Aventador may be my one car in need of retuning. I worked quite a bit at getting a very fast car that will wear out front and rear tires equally in the Ascari race. The car was perfectly tuned to the track+event. I may be left with an imbalance in tire wear that would require adaptation to keep my desired balance. She so fast too running 2.08 on SM Tires in TT. I hope all is well, that tune took some work.
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-20-2014 at 10:21 AM.
06-18-2014, 07:51 PM #51
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Confirmed my suspicions that curb rolling may have been fixed, it has. My CSL set up should not of been catching so much inside bounce off the inside tunnel curb to cause rollovers, it was a painful corner to know if you pull it too tight on that curb a quirk was waiting to roll your car into the wall on the other side of the track if not tossed like a top by the rest of the cars smashing you around.

I hit the curb at least 15 times trying to get a rollover. I get some lift and inside tires get pretty high up, but I couldn't induce a roll over.

I also need to see if the outside rear tagging the rumble strip on turn 1 at Suzuka quirk is still there (crazy on MR). Hopefully sorted, allows for a little more liberty and ease of keeping lap times tight.

Rumble strip quirks seem to be sorted to an extent, other roll over and other quirk spots should be checked too..
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-18-2014 at 07:57 PM.
06-18-2014, 08:40 PM #52
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Tire temps are smoother from cool to right to overheating. Ive noticed a lap required to heat tires to Silverstone when 1.08 a hard enough push in the first corner was often enough to get the tires right. Im finding the tires in 1.09 are right at around a lap and a half.

Before tires would at times overheat rapidly and once overheated on some cars even in TT they would not quite get back to right.
06-18-2014, 09:41 PM #53
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Car List Testing

NSX/ITR/YB/M4/F40/RJN/Aventador.

Assessment thus far

Camber + Toe combination when in sync have improved stability effects, while stressing the tires less. The tires temps are relaying this with smoother and slower transitions, taking longer to get to the sweet heat, staying sweet longer and overheating slower. Overall tuned camber grip remains the same but stressing the tires less shows more time to heat up tires, but more consistent laps overall.

Curb Dynamics are much improved with reduced bounce on high curbs and reduced "light" feeling over rumble strips. Transitions on and off less shocking. Quirks are gone.

Default settings are still cookie cutter indicating the default settings still will most often not replicate the real world counterpart. However the new defaults for camber and toe in are a much better starting point.

So far I've only run the Aventador in the Ascari race, the rest of my testing has been TT at Silverstone. The Aventador did show longer front tire life but it was not a concern as fuel was gone lone before the tires ran out of life, easily I could manage 8 or 9 laps before slowing down too much from tire wear but I run out of gas before seeing level5on a tire by the end of lap 6 holding the lead in and out the Pits. The car runs the event without touching a thing as murderous as before, and this car is 1.06 tuned...
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-18-2014 at 09:54 PM.
06-19-2014, 12:34 AM #54
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Doing GT3 Races in my all default suspension with tuned downforce, diff and an oil change GT3 Base Model GTR I decided to see if I could I could get some gains as running my all default RJN was stable and my Base model has adjusted downforce. I left the downforce as is 320/815 and ran some laps then reset the downforce to default 345/726. I was able to cut a half second off my lap time consistently.

The improved stability allowed me to run less downforce in the rear as I tuned the downforce to provide the stability needed then, but no longer. The lower dowforce lets me pull harder with less drag getting up to speed.

This gives me hope to find at least some gains reducing the stability tuning that compromises lap times for stability & consistency.

Mostly I see I can go a little less aggressive on rear toe-in and rear downforce. This should free up some straight line speed.
06-19-2014, 11:30 AM #55
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
EarlyBird back at it Happy

Ive been able to lower rear downforce and use more (not less) rear toe-in. This reduces high speed understeer while increasing low speed stability relying less on downforce for rear end stability resulting in lower drag Im now able to use more toe-in mechanical grip. Going over the BMW M4 set up (that has no downforce at all) I have gone much more agressive on rear toe-in the snap oversteer when counter steering has been less over dramatized, yes its a real thing to deal with, but not in the quirky way it had been occuring pre 1.09, where its was almost a waist of time to give opposite lock as doing so would more than likely put you at high risk for snap oversteer, countering would often not exceed straightening out with minimal to no counter angle. Not talking about drifting where low grip and offset tire compounds are used. I'm now able to kick the rear out and catch it easier with little to no snap oversteer when counter steering. This won't chop time off fastest laps, just allow you to catch and correct with less chance of running a red lap, in the long run more consistent.

Its like all FR cars acted like over dramatic Fox-Body Mustangs lmfao In 1.09 FR rear end mechanical grip is improved with more aggressive rear toe-in, this can be used with much less quirky snap oversteer effect.
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-19-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo