03-28-2012, 02:51 AM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

The following 19 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Baby-panama, Callum x, FourzerotwoFAILS, FutureOps, Callumeleyy, Jordan G., KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, Nana, Norway-_-1999, John, Oliver1556, Jango, SnaY, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, WeHostModdedXP, Yadderr, Zohan Norris
03-28-2012, 02:51 PM #11
well i am trying to do some of it as i done that patch last month xD

i just wanna get better than correy (NEVER EVER going to happen)
its just he knows more than me 0_0

(i am still a noob)
03-28-2012, 03:17 PM #12
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Originally posted by Oliver1556 View Post
well i am trying to do some of it as i done that patch last month xD

i just wanna get better than correy (NEVER EVER going to happen)
its just he knows more than me 0_0

(i am still a noob)

Most people know more than me but that's not the point Winky Winky saying never will not get you anywhere in coding. I mean i started modding COD4 GSC about 6-7 months ago first time ever trying to code any game etc. Yeah i was called shit, noob, leech every offensive word people could through at me by a few members on this site and other sites however i wanted to get better at doing something i enjoyed as a hobby, so i never gave up and i learnt at my own pace and learnt new things as i attempted new things e.g. 2 months ago i didn't know how to use,

for(;Winky Winky
{
}

or

for(i=0;i<level.something.size;i++)
{
}

However 2 months on i can do alot of things imo for how long i have been learning (Big thanks to Kieran for helping me when i needed it Smile).
Reason i'm saying all of this is because you will get better at your own pace and learn new things as you go along it's like what i say, "We are humans, it's the one thing great about us we never stop growing, never stop learning new things and expanding out knowledge.".
Just one tip if anyone gives you grief ignore them they just think because they can do better you should be able to code at the same level of knowledge they have got.

The following user thanked IVI40A3Fusionz for this useful post:

Oliver1556
03-28-2012, 04:05 PM #13
xRaW
xI2aW-
I didnt get into modding, modding got into me if that makes any sense? :carling: Also cause im such a beast hacker all the noobs above and below me all got into hacking cause i inspired them Happy.

Now the real reason : I got into modding cause i saw all of these amazing mods and stuff being created and wanted to see if i could maybe get some of those things working. I failed at first then gradually kept at it, Once you get the hang of if you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

The following user thanked xRaW for this useful post:

Karoolus
03-28-2012, 06:15 PM #14
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Originally posted by .Choco View Post
This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

At first .. my cousin told me, infact he used to own the ps3 im using now and this NGU account.. he always told me about challenge lobbies and so on.. i wasn't to fussed tbh. I was still familiar with PC's at the time have been for some time.. And he told me to have a look myself see if i could do it "as in mod" So i basically used his login for ngu because he had premium lol, and his old psn account. And since then the only reason i mess around with ps3 is just becaus ei find it interesting what sony have done to make it work the way it does and how they have tried securing the console unlike a 50p Xbox. I like playing with cod4 though :P dunno why it's just fun.. untill i get a further understanding with programming i will hope to learn more. Happy
03-28-2012, 06:22 PM #15
Originally posted by DlBSY993 View Post
At first .. my cousin told me, infact he used to own the ps3 im using now and this NGU account.. he always told me about challenge lobbies and so on.. i wasn't to fussed tbh. I was still familiar with PC's at the time have been for some time.. And he told me to have a look myself see if i could do it "as in mod" So i basically used his login for ngu because he had premium lol, and his old psn account. And since then the only reason i mess around with ps3 is just becaus ei find it interesting what sony have done to make it work the way it does and how they have tried securing the console unlike a 50p Xbox. I like playing with cod4 though :P dunno why it's just fun.. untill i get a further understanding with programming i will hope to learn more. Happy
xbox has secured there console, we cant host online now :( you ps3 fanboy Winky Winky JK
03-28-2012, 06:27 PM #16
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Originally posted by IELIITEMODZX View Post
xbox has secured there console, we cant host online now :( you ps3 fanboy Winky Winky JK

Don't get me wrong i like some of the games on xbox.. but the console is just poorly made... and it will probably never be secure Happy lol, there's always a vulnerability somewhere.
03-28-2012, 07:03 PM #17
Cmd-X
It's been awhile.
My story is pretty similar to yours.. I got in TheUnkn0wn's Challenge lobby, around March, in 2010.. When only hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn could hack on the ps3 at that time. After being in his lobbies for a little bit, I wanted to start hacking. It kind of inspired me to start understanding how they were doing it, but I had no idea where to start, so, for awhile, I just watched videos of hacks, and stuff, losing all hope. Until one day, a few days after the psjailbreak was released, I got in a godlym0dz v4 lobby.. And I was pressing the buttons at the top of my screen thinking that was the password. I was deranked :( and from then on, I was determined to start hacking.. So I got a 3.41 ps3, stole a TI-84 from my math class, jailbroke my ps3, and started hacking! Drack

The following 2 users say thank you to Cmd-X for this useful post:

ImPiffHD, NGU-xNiicKzHD
03-28-2012, 07:11 PM #18
Originally posted by xRaW View Post
I didnt get into modding, modding got into me if that makes any sense? :carling: Also cause im such a beast hacker all the noobs above and below me all got into hacking cause i inspired them Happy.

Now the real reason : I got into modding cause i saw all of these amazing mods and stuff being created and wanted to see if i could maybe get some of those things working. I failed at first then gradually kept at it, Once you get the hang of if you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

haha the top one is a infinite loop ?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post
Most people know more than me but that's not the point Winky Winky saying never will not get you anywhere in coding. I mean i started modding COD4 GSC about 6-7 months ago first time ever trying to code any game etc. Yeah i was called shit, noob, leech every offensive word people could through at me by a few members on this site and other sites however i wanted to get better at doing something i enjoyed as a hobby, so i never gave up and i learnt at my own pace and learnt new things as i attempted new things e.g. 2 months ago i didn't know how to use,

for(;Winky Winky
{
}

or

for(i=0;i<level.something.size;i++)
{
}

However 2 months on i can do alot of things imo for how long i have been learning (Big thanks to Kieran for helping me when i needed it Smile).
Reason i'm saying all of this is because you will get better at your own pace and learn new things as you go along it's like what i say, "We are humans, it's the one thing great about us we never stop growing, never stop learning new things and expanding out knowledge.".
Just one tip if anyone gives you grief ignore them they just think because they can do better you should be able to code at the same level of knowledge they have got.

is the top one a infinite loop ?
03-28-2012, 07:19 PM #19
Taylor
Former Black Knight.
Originally posted by .Choco View Post
This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

Here's my story:

Sadly Enough Here Is My Story:

Soooo, I Started Coding Somewhat (Mostly Copy And Paste/ Leech) When I Was 12 Around The Time Of The Jailbreak cuz i thought it wud be cool to see my name on the screen instead of some other faggots....... thus i edited/added a doHeart or 2 or maybe 3, ok it was more like 5 but anyway...... so yea then i realized that was not reasonable, and for games like cod4, u cannot have that in the game, so i learned about strings and such from good friends like Ryan, Kieran, Tyler, aero, etc <3 u all, anyway also looking in patchs like Karoolus' so basically i kinda taught myself cuz of greedy people on the internet, and now i am only a freshmen in highschool and am only 14, P.S. Dont Fucking Tell me grammar in this paragraph or watever is poor as shit, IDGAF, i just typed this really fast without looking at my screen once so go fuck ur couch @GrammarNazis...... GOODBYE

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Originally posted by IELIITEMODZX View Post

stfu kieran u copy and paste faggot :carling: P.S. <333333 :love:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo