03-28-2012, 02:51 AM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

The following 19 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Baby-panama, Callum x, FourzerotwoFAILS, FutureOps, Callumeleyy, Jordan G., KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, Nana, Norway-_-1999, John, Oliver1556, Jango, SnaY, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, WeHostModdedXP, Yadderr, Zohan Norris
03-28-2012, 07:38 PM #20
Originally posted by xYARDSALEx View Post
Sadly Enough Here Is My Story:

Soooo, I Started Coding Somewhat (Mostly Copy And Paste/ Leech) When I Was 12 Around The Time Of The Jailbreak cuz i thought it wud be cool to see my name on the screen instead of some other faggots....... thus i edited/added a doHeart or 2 or maybe 3, ok it was more like 5 but anyway...... so yea then i realized that was not reasonable, and for games like cod4, u cannot have that in the game, so i learned about strings and such from good friends like Ryan, Kieran, Tyler, aero, etc <3 u all, anyway also looking in patchs like Karoolus' so basically i kinda taught myself cuz of greedy people on the internet, and now i am only a freshmen in highschool and am only 14, P.S. Dont $#@!ing Tell me grammar in this paragraph or watever is poor as shit, IDGAF, i just typed this really fast without looking at my screen once so go $#@! ur couch @GrammarNazis...... GOODBYE

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

stfu kieran u copy and paste faggot :carling: P.S. <333333 :love:

u started because you was raped as a child :carling:

The following user thanked Oliver1556 for this useful post:

Taylor
03-28-2012, 07:39 PM #21
Taylor
Former Black Knight.
Originally posted by Oliver1556 View Post
u started because you was raped as a child :carling:

Touché :fa:

The following user thanked Taylor for this useful post:

Oliver1556
03-28-2012, 07:44 PM #22
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Originally posted by IELIITEMODZX View Post
xbox has secured there console, we cant host online now :( you ps3 fanboy Winky Winky JK

You can get infections though so in reality it's still hosting online Winky Winky.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

haha the top one is a infinite loop ?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

is the top one a infinite loop ?

This one goes on forever yes, but without a wait will either crash your game or make it very very laggy.

for(;Winky Winky
{
}

This one will go on until the level.something.size is reach hence the i++ Smile and again without a wait it will make your game very laggy or crash your game Smile.

for(i=0;i<level.something.size;i++)
{
}
03-28-2012, 07:44 PM #23
IVI40A3Fusionz
haha the top one is a infinite loop ?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

is the top one a infinite loop ?

This one goes on forever yes, but without a wait will either crash your game or make it very very laggy.

for(;Winky Winky
{
}

This one will go on until the level.something.size is reach hence the i++ Smile and again without a wait it will make your game very laggy or crash your game Smile.

{
}
03-28-2012, 07:49 PM #24
Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post

for(;Winky Winky
{
}

{
}

thanks bro ! Smile
03-28-2012, 07:59 PM #25
You can get infections though so in reality it's still hosting online Winky Winky.

true but on ps3 you can still host with .gsc mods :p so xbox has got better securuty.
03-28-2012, 08:03 PM #26
IVI40A3Fusionz
true but on ps3 you can still host with .gsc mods :p so xbox has got better securuty.

It's not that it's just Sony are lazy fuckers and Activision don't give two shits about PS3 because they are money whores and only help out other companies that pay them :p.
03-28-2012, 08:10 PM #27
It's not that it's just Sony are lazy $#@!ers and Activision don't give two shits about PS3 because they are money whores and only help out other companies that pay them :p.
yeah true they dont give ps3 users the maps till like 2 mounth after xbox users get them. back to my original point, he was saying xbox have bad securuty but they dont, now im going to stay on topic.
03-28-2012, 08:13 PM #28
IVI40A3Fusionz
yeah true they dont give ps3 users the maps till like 2 mounth after xbox users get them. back to my original point, he was saying xbox have bad securuty but they dont, now im going to stay on topic.

PS3 jailbreak/CFW can't go online yeah we can still host GSC mods however that's because we have data transfer Winky Winky, they could easily just take it out in an update which will stop us from hosting new patches but Sony won't do that i mean it's not affecting them that much so why should they?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo