03-28-2012, 02:51 AM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

The following 19 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Baby-panama, Callum x, FourzerotwoFAILS, FutureOps, Callumeleyy, Jordan G., KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, Nana, Norway-_-1999, John, Oliver1556, Jango, SnaY, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, WeHostModdedXP, Yadderr, Zohan Norris
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM #47
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Originally posted by .Choco View Post
Yes, you do need the EBOOT, you need to NOP the RSA checksum or the .ff will blackscreen, regardless of whether or not you encrypt it right.

Pretty sure offline doesn't have checks.. LAN,Zombies,split screen so on.. But it will do if you go online. And to go online you don't need a modified EBOOT.
03-29-2012, 02:22 PM #48
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by DlBSY993 View Post
Pretty sure offline doesn't have checks.. LAN,Zombies,split screen so on.. But it will do if you go online. And to go online you don't need a modified EBOOT.

Dude you really don't know what you're talking about, you NEED to patch the rsa check to run ANY modified fastfiles.
03-29-2012, 02:30 PM #49
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Dude you really don't know what you're talking about, you NEED to patch the rsa check to run ANY modified fastfiles.

Yes. in the Gamesave.. It's not in the EBOOT.
03-29-2012, 02:53 PM #50
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Yes. in the Gamesave.. It's not in the EBOOT.

Oh, really? So you've opened the save then? I know my way around the EBOOT, I have seen and know where the RSA check is and I know to NOP it.
03-29-2012, 03:04 PM #51
Bichote
Former Staff
Just Downloading and Deranking ppl :carling:
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM #52
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Oh, really? So you've opened the save then? I know my way around the EBOOT, I have seen and know where the RSA check is and I know to NOP it.

Go and do it then. You still wont be able to run modified .FF's online.
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM #53
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Go and do it then. You still wont be able to run modified .FF's online.

Lol, you let me know if you ever even get the save open.
03-29-2012, 05:02 PM #54
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Lol, you let me know if you ever even get the save open.

I Don't have the keys for it. But there not impossible to get ... Pretty sure Unkn0wn has them aswell as others .
03-29-2012, 05:06 PM #55
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
I Don't have the keys for it. But there not impossible to get ... Pretty sure Unkn0wn has them aswell as others .

There's no point, no RSA check is stored in the save. I'm telling you, it's in the EBOOT.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo