03-28-2012, 02:51 AM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

The following 19 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Baby-panama, Callum x, FourzerotwoFAILS, FutureOps, Callumeleyy, Jordan G., KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, Nana, Norway-_-1999, John, Oliver1556, Jango, SnaY, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, WeHostModdedXP, Yadderr, Zohan Norris
03-27-2013, 05:43 PM #74
I remember my first modded lobby.... It was in January 2011, I jumped into a TDM on MW2. That map was Sub Base, hate that map. Some faggot kid was hosting. Across the top of the screen I saw "www.reddotcity.com." "What's at reddotcity.com?" I asked, "Your Mom!" Fuck that guy. So I decided to check out this website. On the homepage was something about hosting your own challenge lobby, so I clicked it. It took me to a page with a download, I downloaded a folder. The folder contained, RedDotCity v2(I heard he leached mossy, idk...probably) patch, geohot's 3.55-jb, blackb0x pkg file, and some very detailed and helpful instructions in word document. So I eventually figured everything out and jailbroke my PS3, installed blackb0x, and then put on the patch. I started the game and saw the little thing in the killfeed area that said push UP to open menu, I pushed it and then shit myself when I saw the menu. It was the coolest thing ever! I never did host a public game though, couldn't find a game with force host enabled.... 100+ pind :/. Eventually PSN went down and then 1.12 came out. Since I was such a n00b, I didn't know that updating to 3.56 and 1.12 would take it away forever...I was sad. Over the next couple months I didn't really think about modding at all, I didn't care for it. But then one day I was playing Cod4 at my dads house and got into a modded lobby, It was Hawkin's Zombieland on Countdown! I remember sending the host a friend request. He didn't accept. That night I started looking up Zombieland on Youtube and google. I found out that Hawkin created it and that it required a jailbreak(I was stilla n00b). Then about a week later I was bored and looking through my "Sent" messages on PSN. I saw something that made me shit myself again. A Friend Request to Hawkin! That was the host that I sent the Friend Request To! I played with Hawkin!!! After that I got really into modding again. I couldn't really do much without a Jailbreak so I, you guessed it, got some Cod4 bypass codes! I didn't really know what I was doing at first. I started out by copy and pasting other peoples stuff in my own. I would bind every button that wasn't REALLY important, to some mod. I was such a n00b, I thought the color codes were the order the mods went in. I don't know how that would work, but yeah. I continued that for a while, getting better and better. I added UnboundUser on skype and he helped my out a little, and sk8erlewisss helped me out a lot in his Youtube videos. I got to the point where I was making whole menus and I thought I was so badass. But that got boring eventually, I knew it would never be like a Choco patch . I wanted a 3.55 PS3 more than anything, I just didn't trust buying it online. Then I heard about the E3 Flasher. This last Christmas, I got a new PS3 to be my legit one, and an E3 Flasher. I installed it right away on my old PS3, but I thougt I had to have the E3 Card Reader to do the actual downgrade process. So I waited, too lazy to go online and buy it. Then, 2 days ago, I came across a thread by playerpk420(he is awesome!) that was a E3 flasher tutorial. I was bored and read it. I saw a method of downgrading that didn't require a E3 Card Reader. I was skeptical but tried it anyway. It worked!! I finally have a CFW PS3 again for the first time in over 2 years! The first thing I did was put xYARDSALEx v7 and your Project Undead v1(my favorite patches for both of those game btw) and had a blast. Now that I have better cfg skill, I am making a 1.14 patch. I don't think I will ever touch GSC, I just confuses my soooo bad, but maybe I will. Any ways, thank you to whoever read my story!

The following 2 users say thank you to AwesomeFaceHD for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Choco
07-02-2013, 07:37 PM #75
I remember back in mw2 i was addicted to doing elevators with choco :P then speedhack came out and all i did was glitch in it :P i then joined pvhax and signed up for hunters challenge lobby and never got it.. :( then it was newlineplayers, where i was a noob and tried so many ways possible to hack mw2.. none ever worked :( then i remember choco made his cod 4 prestige menu :P which is still on youtube today haha, it was good Happy i didn't have a jailbreak when it came out, but i remember i had soo many hackers added.. i was noob still, then the 3.55 ps3 cfw was released in which i was addicted to leeching.. sadly :( i then started to code my own things, and editing other peoples menus.. adding small things in. then i went to Glitcheaven R.I.P. :( and I learned soo much there.. That's my story on how i started.. cheers for reading Smile.
07-02-2013, 08:13 PM #76
i started my modding on cod 4 bypass codes and i was so proud it was pretty funny that i found something so shit so amazing to use as it was made by me. When i found out that you could jailbreak i was so happy and did but unfortunately my JB PS3 did not make it and died so i went back to playing games legit then decided to start doing some cfg on mw2 and it was ok but i didn't really achieve much from it. Over the last few months i have been doing cfg on w@w and that has being going well and recetnly i have started doing GSC on cod 4 and currently working on my first patch which i will hopefully be previewing soon.
07-05-2013, 04:51 AM #77
FutureOps
Little One
Originally posted by Choco View Post
This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

Well I think most of us scripters were in the same boat. I was clueless to what modding even was and I remember this guy let me add him on PSN and let me have admin for like a whole day. After that I was instantly hooked on what people could do just by tweaking the games original scripts and using them to create there own specific mods. From here I didn't have a CFW so of course I figured it was pointless and I moved onto CoD4 bypass CFG codes. After a little bit of that I figured I may as well edit patches for people. I tried and failed excessively as I had no way of testing and I was clueless to C++/C# etc. so I tried my best. After a bunch of failed attempts I decided to buy Mw2 for PC so I could test. This is where I consider it to have begun for me. As I started to edit patches I noticed little bits of code that made enough sense to script little mods but nothing spectacular. From there I decided to get a menu base and I started playing around with values and swapping code with different shit then I came more knowledgeable about the language. Eventually started making my own personal patches, and now im still modding to this day. Its crazy how much of a learning process it is as there is still SO much I don't know/understand. Gotta give a shoutout to Taylor and x_DaftVader_x as there scripts, and personal help brought me to where I am.

- I think this thread was a genius idea, and your more then a semi-decent GSC scripter :P
07-05-2013, 05:05 AM #78
:HIGH:
You talkin to me?
I got in a CL and the Next day got my JB :y: did not want to have to spam for mods or CLs
07-09-2013, 01:31 AM #79
Originally posted by COD View Post
I went on nextgenupdate and looked in the hacking section.

Same here lol
08-14-2014, 10:21 PM #80
To have fun with mates.
Last edited by WeHostModdedXP ; 04-16-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: :)
02-04-2015, 08:04 AM #81
I Did it becaue of EliteMossy's v4, I saw it and thought I gotta do that, and so my search for someone to teach me began, I came accross a guy dawgyystylez or something, Got on teamveiwer gave me the psjb files, blackbox, etc. told me what to do and so on. its been down hill from there my stepbro updated to 4.00 lost jb, havent touched my console much since, id buy a jb ps3 if i could find one locally.
02-04-2015, 10:58 PM #82
Yadderr
Bounty hunter
Started my modding days on Mw2 1.11 After I saw NBK Private patch. Was really fun fucking with 11 year old's and shit and giving out mods and just being quite cool. Got my first console ban after modding everyday and bought another ID For the shits an giggles. Other than that I sold my Jb since I lost Interest and retired lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo