03-28-2012, 02:51 AM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

The following 19 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Baby-panama, Callum x, FourzerotwoFAILS, FutureOps, Callumeleyy, Jordan G., KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, Nana, Norway-_-1999, John, Oliver1556, Jango, SnaY, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, WeHostModdedXP, Yadderr, Zohan Norris
03-29-2012, 12:10 AM #38
Blackstorm
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Originally posted by IELIITEMODZX View Post
ps3 users can host online, xbox cant do anything online but infections

We can only do that in the older Call of Duties! We can only host CFG patches in MW2, and a friend of mine finally modded Black Ops but anything above 3.56 we CAN'T hack what so ever. Xbox can hack MW3 online and we can't even do that!
03-29-2012, 12:43 AM #39
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by Blackstorm View Post
We can only do that in the older Call of Duties! We can only host CFG patches in MW2, and a friend of mine finally modded Black Ops but anything above 3.56 we CAN'T hack what so ever. Xbox can hack MW3 online and we can't even do that!

There's a 3.56 CFW :rolleyes: But you can only install it from 3.55.

As for the console war: PS3 security is far better than XBOX security. Every MW3/BO mod you see on XBOX is a direct result of Microsoft not locking down their .xex file (.xex is an executable for XBOX). On PS3, ever since 3.56 came out the keys for just about everything changed, including those for the .self (PS3 executable). If we could decrypt the latest .self we could be hosting infection lobbies online for both BO and MW3, same as the xbox. The reason we can host lobbies online for the older COD games is not because of sony having bad security, but because of activision sucking dick at securing their own files. The PS3 has a little thing called Data Transfer Utility that lets you transfer the contents of your jailbroken ps3's HDD to your retail PS3's HDD (this sends the modified files over as well). It would be beyond easy for Sony to fix this by only allowing data transfer on the latest firmware, but having modded lobbies isn't costing them anything or hurting their business in any way so they don't care. So yea the ps3 security is better by a pretty significant amount.

Now can we end the console war and get back to the discussion? :p
03-29-2012, 12:45 AM #40
Originally posted by Blackstorm View Post
thats a game Winky Winky not xbox live, and we cant mod mw3 online :/ only infections :(
and for BO we have never been able to play .gsc online, there was some infections that worked online but they got patched after like 1 week.
im going to sleep now lol Winky Winky
03-29-2012, 07:13 AM #41
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Originally posted by IELIITEMODZX View Post
thats a game Winky Winky not xbox live, and we cant mod mw3 online :/ only infections :(
and for BO we have never been able to play .gsc online, there was some infections that worked online but they got patched after like 1 week.
im going to sleep now lol Winky Winky

It is possible to get .GSC and . CFG mods online on black ops if people could be arsed and didn't wait for other people to release stuff ... I may be able to get the keys eventually but to play online I think you have to rewrite the black ops .SAVEGAME to remove checks .. Not quite sure what checks , most probably RSA.. Then you can play online. And to actually get the keys it's not as hard as you think, Unkn0wns method is actually fairely straight foward , I'm currently having some irritating problems with the EBOOT :L
03-29-2012, 07:57 AM #42
Wondoh
Former Staff
I edited my GPAD0_CM for UFO mode, that's real OG :fa:
03-29-2012, 12:13 PM #43
The reason i started modding was because one time when i was on 1.11(before they made 1.12) me and my friends wanted to play SnD on MW2 so we were playing for a bit and then i got in a modded lobbi and it was EliteMossy v8 and He made it Advertise how u had to pay for unlock all and VIP and so on so i was like Why The f*ck would i have to pay its a game so from their i started looking up everything on how to do it but then i saw a PS3 3.55 Jailbreak Link on RDC(Yes i know i was a noob) so i clicked on it and it brought me to that and showed me how to do it so i downloaded it and put it on my flash drive then i jailbroke my ps3 and used Comgenie and Blackb0x and the very first Patch i used was Elite Mossy v9 and To this day i host CFG instead of GSC's:carling:
03-29-2012, 12:16 PM #44
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by DlBSY993 View Post
It is possible to get .GSC and . CFG mods online on black ops if people could be arsed and didn't wait for other people to release stuff ... I may be able to get the keys eventually but to play online I think you have to rewrite the black ops .SAVEGAME to remove checks .. Not quite sure what checks , most probably RSA.. Then you can play online. And to actually get the keys it's not as hard as you think, Unkn0wns method is actually fairely straight foward , I'm currently having some irritating problems with the EBOOT :L

Once you have the BO keys you need to patch the RSA check in the EBOOT. Since modded EBOOTs can only be run on 3.55 you couldnt mod BO online.
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM #45
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Originally posted by .Choco View Post
Once you have the BO keys you need to patch the RSA check in the EBOOT. Since modded EBOOTs can only be run on 3.55 you couldnt mod BO online.

No.. You are only codecaving the EBOOT to get the keys on a 3.55 / CFW console. Once you have the keys and you modify the .ff files and put them (.ff's) on the latest console with 4.10 or whatever firmware it is now it will only run offline mods. You need to rewrite of fix something in the gamesave im pretty sure off it. The EBOOT really isn't any use after you have the keys.. you don't need to edit it.
03-29-2012, 01:26 PM #46
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Originally posted by DlBSY993 View Post
No.. You are only codecaving the EBOOT to get the keys on a 3.55 / CFW console. Once you have the keys and you modify the .ff files and put them (.ff's) on the latest console with 4.10 or whatever firmware it is now it will only run offline mods. You need to rewrite of fix something in the gamesave im pretty sure off it. The EBOOT really isn't any use after you have the keys.. you don't need to edit it.

Yes, you do need the EBOOT, you need to NOP the RSA checksum or the .ff will blackscreen, regardless of whether or not you encrypt it right.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo