03-28-2012, 02:51 AM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

The following 19 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Baby-panama, Callum x, FourzerotwoFAILS, FutureOps, Callumeleyy, Jordan G., KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, Nana, Norway-_-1999, John, Oliver1556, Jango, SnaY, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, WeHostModdedXP, Yadderr, Zohan Norris
03-29-2012, 05:08 PM #56
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Originally posted by .Choco View Post
There's no point, no RSA check is stored in the save. I'm telling you, it's in the EBOOT.

Something is in it....
04-05-2012, 12:49 AM #57
Harry
Former Staff
Um my story is kinda stupid.

i started using bypass codes and i was always online. then someone from TeOz joined my game and told me my codes were awesome. i didn't think nothing of it at the time. next day i had a message off TeOzBeRnIe saying he'd heard about me and invited me into TeOz. Since then ive learnt more about coding and how different games work. I have always been interested in GSC mods but i had a go at CFG mods, i made a successful mod menu in under 40mins on my first go with out a Generator :p People in TeOz have helped me learn alot about mods and that, Bernie helps me alot and is always giving me hints and tips. People like IVI40A3Fusionz's have taught my soo much in a short time, thanks bro<3

i got into modding when i joined Bernie's MW2 Lobby ( Mossy v1 Happy ) And i was amazed, from there its spiraled Winky Winky
Last edited by Harry ; 04-05-2012 at 03:10 AM.
04-06-2012, 05:13 PM #58

I had just got my own PS3 and the only shooting game I was actually allowed to play was Call of Duty 4 even though Call of Duty 5 was out. I played it non-stop day in and day out, but after a few months it got kind of boring. I remember me and my older bro used to do glitches on the xbox 360 version, so I started looking up videos of glitches and tricks. Then I stumbled across a video of the UFO hack that linked me to this site. I was such a noob at this time I had no idea what bypassing or anything was. After browsing NGU for a bit, I came across Tons' thread on multi-player coding and started learning from there. My codes were the basic binds and sets and nothing too fancy at all.

Then came UK_ViiPeR, a.k.a. Codglitcher. He released a picture of a mod menu he had created from dvar codes and this interested me greatly. A few weeks after that he released a video of some of the stuff he could do with this dvar mod-menu and said that he was going to have a beta on the PS3 with his codes. I was lucky enough to be put on this list. The first day he started he sent me over a file with a few lines of coding. When we all got on to test them out, they didn't work :/. I was a few days away from going on vacation, so I was desperate to have these menu codes. Looking at them though, I had no idea what to do with them. So I asked Viiper how to fix them and he said that he told me that I should be able to figure it out. After a few hours I finally got them to work Happy. Keep in mind this was the first stage of vstr coding, so it was all very confusing. After a day or so, I finally figured out how they worked and told Viiper that I had figured it out. He said that was cool, but old news and that he had figured out a kick menu. Etc etc....

I started getting into MW2 coding when the PS3 Jailbreak was first released. Me and an English friend started working on ways to get other peoples patches onto the PS3 and even had our own way of converting patches. I was annoyed by all the popups of other peoples names in the patches and wanted to change the text and options and everything else. So I started looking through the patches. After editing text I started to realize how it was all coded and started to insert other peoples codes into patches and remove things.

Sorry for writing such a long story :P
04-06-2012, 06:24 PM #59
Can't remember.....
04-06-2012, 06:33 PM #60
GetDeleted -_-
- Former TACOTIME77 -
I was always a fan of glitching coming from RFOM. I was in the NGB CoD4 section when the first person found out how to edit dvars into the savegame files, I think his name was phaze or something I can't remember. That's what first got me into modding CoD4. After about a year after that was patched, my friend DarkMattata told me he accidentally found out how to get on the old CoD4 servers. This gave me the idea to try out the old savegame mods on the old servers, and they worked. True story Smile

After that I just continued to dig deeper into modding and tried making/finding new things.
04-07-2012, 02:36 PM #61
BMT
Banned
i bought a jtag and hosted and made over £5000 in one month and i carried on since

The following user groaned BMT for this awful post:

247Yamato
04-09-2012, 12:19 AM #62
primetime43
Knowledge is power Tiphat
This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

Ha, you say your a decent gsc scripter. Ha yea right, thats why your one of the few who have an infectable mod menu for mw2 1.13
04-09-2012, 11:02 PM #63
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
I First Started Modding When The 3.55 Jailbreak Came Out. I Modded MW2/Cod4 (Sadly I Didn't Host WaW :(). Then I Started Too Look At The Patch Files And Try Too Edit it (I Was a leecher that time but that just because i saw a video showing how too edit patches and he show how too put your name on it :p). I Only Learned How too put my name (When I add a code on it gives my a black screen Gaspkay: ). When Sony Had an outage, i was bored and decided too look up videos on how too do bypass cod4 lobbies. i was learning on how too do it, and i started getting use too coding. But then i decided i didn't want too mod no more, and i became legit. I Taught My Friend How too edit mw2 1.13 patches, then he got use too it and learned alot of more things then what i taught him. That's about it, not much of a modder lol
Last edited by Joel ; 04-09-2012 at 11:04 PM.
04-11-2012, 10:55 PM #64
Jeremy
Former Staff
I started modding last January and constantly hosting cod4, cod5,and cod6 challenge lobbies for people on NGU and TTG just so i could get my name out there and then i left TTG and came here (soo glad i left). When i got bored of hosting i updated my jailbroken ps3 and sold it. Then on my updated ps3 i deleted the patches off it and became more interested in how everything in the patches worked, and how they deviated from the original/official patches. I wasnt sure how to do it and didnt bother trying for a while. When one of my friends from TTG mentioned that they had made a cod4 patch i asked him how he did it and if it was hard, and he responded with "no its really easy after a while". This was when i decided i wanted to learn how to do that too. I came on NGU and started looking through patches and on YouTube for tutorials. I attempted a few small edits and just messing with the codes to see how the patches reacted to my edits. When i finally understood a little bit i attempted to make my own patch and do an edit, and once again i failed. The more i looked through the patches section of NGU the more i found out and soon i came into contact with Correy, iReset, Newelly, .Choco, ELITEMODZ, YARDSALE, Karoolus, M40A3Fusionz, and Blackstorm. These members are the ones that taught me the basics to coding and i owe them all the credit for any of the coding that i have done for cod4 and cod5 because without there help and constant support i wouldn't have been able to do it. I finally became more comfortable with coding and started doing more independent coding. Whenever i ran into mistakes i turned to the people who taught me what i know/knew. These people would always help me fix my mistakes with the coding and are majorly responsible for any of the patches i made/coded. From here on i continued with coding and just kept practicing until i was pretty decently self sufficient and i began releasing edits and patches daily. From GSC i went on to VB.NET and C#. I learned those programming languages with the help of mainly FourzerotwoFAILS and i coded and released multiple code browsing programs for patches that are still in use today by the coding community.
Last edited by Jeremy ; 04-12-2012 at 03:55 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Jeremy for this useful post:

Blackstorm, Karoolus, Pichu

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo