03-28-2012, 02:51 AM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

The following 19 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Baby-panama, Callum x, FourzerotwoFAILS, FutureOps, Callumeleyy, Jordan G., KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, Nana, Norway-_-1999, John, Oliver1556, Jango, SnaY, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, WeHostModdedXP, Yadderr, Zohan Norris
03-28-2012, 08:15 PM #29
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by IELIITEMODZX View Post
true but on ps3 you can still host with .gsc mods :p so xbox has got better securuty.

i bet there are still ways to get gsc mods online on xbox, there HAS to be !
connect xbox hdd to pc, replace legit patch_mp.ff with modded one (should be possible, no ?)
03-28-2012, 08:18 PM #30
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
i bet there are still ways to get gsc mods online on xbox, there HAS to be !
connect xbox hdd to pc, replace legit patch_mp.ff with modded one (should be possible, no ?)
no you need a jtag to edit the _mp files and then you need the xbox FreeBoot to host but there is no new freeboot dash for the xbox dash that we have now.
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM #31
Default Avatar
WOLF
I started out (like most) with CoD 4 bypass codes. Met one of my good PSN friends there and we got each other gold guns ( super speed boosting :carling: ). Once MW2 came out I started playing and seeing some people with obvious infections saying wow this sucks (for me) and I wanted a piece. After reaching about fourth or fifth prestige I decided to mess with this game as well so I got online and got the old split screen error hacked MP Data and got myself and a handful of others to tenth. Maybe two weeks later I got a game invite from that same friend from CoD 4 with the subject like reading: HOLY SHIT JOIN NOW to which I immediately joined. I'll never forget it. It was at Wasteland and the host (dont know him but got bless Happy ) was using the old tree patch. This was the first mods I had ever seen so I had a small orgasm :P. The CoD 4 friend introduced me to someone he knew personally that knew how to host. We all became friends and whatever (still talk to him even though he uses the sexbox :P ) and it went on just a little while like that. Him hosting, me and Magic (CoD 4 guy) admin status. Then the 3.55 JB came out and I put on the newest EliteMossy patch at the time (uhh v8 I think?). Hosted and gave stuff to everyone for free because I'm a nice guy Happy. Now I code a little but I don't host as much. Getting a code working brings a strange amount of satisfaction. Smile
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM #32
no way does xbox have better security than ps3 you see all these mod tools but on ps3 we have fuck all the only things we can do are bypass codes trophy saves and cls (ONLY IF JAILBREAK COMES OUT) on xbox all you need is a Jtag !! :P
03-28-2012, 09:04 PM #33
no you dont you need more than just a jtag you need to make a freeboot and thats not posible because microsoft patched them.
03-28-2012, 09:08 PM #34
I started hacking video games in general back on ps2. I hacked Socom and Tony hawk games, and was actually quite good at it. Once I got a ps3 I got to 10th prestige on COD4 legit, and got bored of it so when bypassing came out I picked up on editing those files fairly well and ended up releasing a wins code that nearly everyone used back then. After I sold my ps3 I bought an xbox, and now I just play everything legit.
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM #35
Taylor
Former Black Knight.
no you dont you need more than just a jtag you need to make a freeboot and thats not posible because microsoft patched them.

Prove it. stare lmao
03-28-2012, 11:27 PM #36
Blackstorm
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

don't start a console war pleasseee.

PS3 does have better security but xbox is a better console over all. (imo) I use PS3 cos free online. =D
03-28-2012, 11:41 PM #37
Originally posted by Blackstorm View Post
don't start a console war pleasseee.

PS3 does have better security but xbox is a better console over all. (imo) I use PS3 cos free online. =D
lol how can you say that stare ps3 users can host online, xbox cant do anything online but infections, and even they get patched by the game developers after like 2 weeks. but if your talking about the console and not XBL then yes ps3's have better security, but online xbox is more or less imposible to get online with a jtag.

yeah xbox cost's money to play online :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo