03-28-2012, 02:51 AM #1
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread isn't an exploit nor a hack, but I think this is the right section.

How did you get into modding Call of Duty games (any, not just COD4) and why?

Here's my story:
About the same time as hunter128 and TheUnkn0wn were hosting the only PS3 Challenge Lobbies, I started seeing videos of their mods and I really wanted to have them for myself :p Since the PSJB wasn't even out yet and I didn't know what I was doing, I started coding bypass mods for COD4. At first it was just little binds and a few dvars, but as I learned (Thanks to fourzerotwofails and Uk-Viiper) my codes started developing into mod menus and more complex bindings. I continued making codes for several months, eventually the PSJB came out and I started hosting modded lobbies. I always wanted to have my own patch, but I didn't know anything about any programming languages so I stuck to using whatever patches were available.
Right before update 1.12 went live on MW2, I started messing around with an old elitemossy patch and trying to edit it a little bit with a few new functions and text (I was a noob Gaspkay: ). I had no idea what I was doing but somehow got it to work after about 10 tries. Once 1.12 came out I largely gave up on GSC but continued doing little CFG mods here and there for both MW2 and COD4.
When PSN went down around May, I went back to GSC and started editing Kbrizzle's tree patch a little bit. I actually added a few pretty big mods, not a big deal but it was to me at the time (Kbrizzle's functioning made no sense to me, but now I can understand most of it and it's beautiful :p).
I guess after a while I came to the COD4 section, and I just started picking stuff up a little bit at a time by looking at scripts other people were posting. I also started opening up some other people's patches just to study the scripts. Near the end of last year, I took one of Correy's menubases and started putting in some scripts and toying around with it. I kept messing around with his bases and I really started to get an understanding of how they worked. Eventually, IELIITEMODZX released his menu base and I started building off of that (my current patch is still building off of that original base he created). I kept studying and trying to understand other people's scripts, and that's how I got to where I am today Smile I still have a lot to learn, and I'd only consider myself to be a semi-decent GSC scripter, but looking back and seeing how far I've come was pretty cool to me.

So, what's your story? How did you get started on modding COD games, and how did you get to where you are today?

The following 19 users say thank you to Choco for this useful post:

Baby-panama, Callum x, FourzerotwoFAILS, FutureOps, Callumeleyy, Jordan G., KingcreekS, Kitty=^.^=, Nana, Norway-_-1999, John, Oliver1556, Jango, SnaY, Taylor, Uk_ViiPeR, WeHostModdedXP, Yadderr, Zohan Norris
03-28-2012, 02:54 AM #2
Default Avatar
COD
I went on nextgenupdate and looked in the hacking section.

The following user thanked COD for this useful post:

Sakata

The following user groaned COD for this awful post:

Ninja
03-28-2012, 04:23 AM #3
Blackstorm
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
i just wanted all titles and emblems lol

i started with prestige hack

progressed to making cod4 bypass "codes" with my friend joker_bro65.

i promised three friends I would one day host a challenge lobby for them (joker_bro65, islanderdude670, Homie_G)

from then i was dedicated to modding

then psjailbreak came out and i tried learning GSC (epicly failed)

this guy named FerTheWin asked me if I could edit a patch for him ( doHeart text ) and it worked! then for some reason people started thinking i could edit patches like a pro (of course i couldn't at the time) but my name became a little known around pv-hax and then my friend konvict got a jailbreak and me and him teamed up and we he promised to host lobbies if i could edit patches for him so of course i agreed. this is about the time where i started to get a little better at gsc. then TheUnkn0wn released his patch and I studied it like wildfire and became progressively better with gsc and overtime just became a better scripter over all. then i made a huge move by transporting derektrotter's menu (unstable) to a really stable menu, then we both made a patch together and my name pretty much just blew up (because of him of course) and I just kept practicing practicing and practicing and I would release cool little functions. And around summer of last year is where I started getting really experienced, I even created and released my first mod menu! Up until now I haven't really done anything spectacular since my 1.12 patch.. :p Maybe if GSC came back, just maybe.. stare
Last edited by Blackstorm ; 03-28-2012 at 11:21 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Blackstorm for this useful post:

iiReFuZee, Karoolus
03-28-2012, 07:50 AM #4
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
I got into modding through glitching..

I was litteraly addicted to nazi zombies on W@W.. i was playing a random online game on Shi No Numa & there was a guy outside the map, i was like :wtf:
looking for a way to get out of the map, i stumbled upon NextGenUpdate Smile
Next up was the 3rd gun glitch on Der Riese (with the betties, remember Winky Winky )

Then i heard about speed lobbies on MW2 (infection lobbies) so i did every out of map i could do (i even got out of invasion, which was the hardest by far :fyea: )
I was constantly joining infection lobbies, until one day i 'accidentaly' joined a modded lobby.. i'll never forget, it was on Quarry & i was sooooo amazed when i jumped & it threw me up in the air :brilliant:
after this, i searched NGU to find out how this was possible !
right around that time, i bought a 2nd (broken) ps3 which was on firmware 3.21 & i updated it to 3.41! Since i had a TI-84+ Calculator (and thanks to idon'trememberhisname for porting it to the calc) i was able to jailbreak my second ps3 !
The first patch i ever used on MW2 was EliteMossy's v1 (i was the 3rd person to download it ^^ )
Hosting this patch earned me quite a bit of money (700$ <Happy ) because of all the leeches wanting to get all T&E !!

afterwards (remember my zombie addiction ?) i got an invite from eddydiep, saying he was in TeOzBernie's modded zombie lobby ! i joined INSTANTLY !
after seeing how Bernie transformed zombies in a suicide mission (for the zombies :dumb: ) i wanted to start making my own patches !
but i messed up & downloaded a patch_mp.ff (Divy's first patch!) because i didn't know modding zombies was done in patch.ff :blank:
It took a few tries, but eventually i figured out how to get (de)compression right, i even automated the process for me with bat files who did the commands for me ^^

After my first edit of a W@W MP patch, i started working on zombies !
with a LOT of help from the Sevensins community, i learned how to code cause i didn't know the language !
As most of you know, i was the first (i believe) to release modded zombie patches on ps3, so people were happy to see me coming & growing Smile
i experimented a lot, found out what worked & what didn't, you know how that works, right Winky Winky

At this point, people started knowing my name, more & more videos of my patches found their way to youtube, which resulted in MORE people knowing my name..
but the point where people really got to know me, was when i released my first WAW MP mod menu !
I was trying to get a mod menu to work, i was rather close at that time, but i couldn't get it to work!
so Kane (i think it was him, it's been a while Winky Winky ) gave me the code to a BASIC BASIC mw2 menu ( You must login or register to view this content. ) so i gave it a try !
i had to edit some thing though to get it to work, but it did ! i was sooooo happy when i had a working mod menu on my screen !

from there, i edited the menu a LOT, to have submenus, scrollbar, verification etc...

video by eddydiep, he was the first to record my mod menu i think Smile
no verification at this point, but i'm sure most of you have seen how my meny made progress Winky Winky

i stopped modding in january or february last year, because i was too busy with work..
Then in august i was home for 1 or 2 weeks, so i decided to write a mod menu patch for COD4 (my monster patch, remember Winky Winky )
i never did any extreme shit in COD4 (apart from making my own overflow fix with some help by vader, thx for the \n hint Winky Winky )

so that's how i got into modding, hope you like the story Happy

The following 4 users say thank you to Karoolus for this useful post:

Correy, Kitty=^.^=, PriPri, Cmd-X
03-28-2012, 10:43 AM #5
Correy
I'm the Original
looking at them awesome patches thinking i want to create one.
03-28-2012, 12:58 PM #6
247Yamato
< ^ > < ^ >
COD4: I used to play Promod on PC and I decided to make some skins for the weapons I used like M40A3 or AK74U. I think I made a skin for all promod weapons, cant really remember. Later I jumped into something a bit bigger than skins: ui menus and maps. I never released anything or done anything special for cod4.

MW2: I didnt knew mods existed, once I joined Nukems lobby, there was No Hope Zombie Mod hosted there, it was quite funny and brilliant. After like 2-3 months of playing on his server and on 2 other peoples lobbies, I started modding, at the beginning I was only making mapedits for zombies (I was a big noob at gsc), later I started to make my own zombie mod with Rendflex. It was succesful for a first release and I continued alone. Later I started releasing a lot of bullshit, I did a few decent things but many were rubbish. I have also done many mw2 modding tutorials (gsc).

BO: I started modding it when Modtools came out (I played mods before this date, but didnt make any), I only did 1 "complete" mod with a team: Pozzuh, Rendflex and OrangePL. It was quite a disaster, the organization was awful, :p. Any of the 4 liked BO, so the mod sunk quickly. I think that it got released
03-28-2012, 12:58 PM #7
this menu made me want to learn .gsc Winky Winky
and i still think this is the best menu ever made.

The following 2 users say thank you to IELIITEMODZX for this useful post:

Karoolus, Kitty=^.^=
03-28-2012, 02:38 PM #8
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by IELIITEMODZX View Post
this menu made me want to learn .gsc Winky Winky
and i still think this is the best menu ever made.

I know right !
but tbh, Mike never disappointed me with any of his mods Winky Winky

The following user thanked Karoolus for this useful post:

IELIITEMODZX
03-28-2012, 02:40 PM #9
senne
Gobble
i dont realy know why i do this Smile
03-28-2012, 02:48 PM #10
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
I know right !
but tbh, Mike never disappointed me with any of his mods Winky Winky